Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Single Object Glow shader

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have seen some examples around of single objects in a scene being made to glow using a shader - but cant seem to find any implementation solutions - does anyone have any points to the right direction I should be looking.

Westa
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2017 11:52
If you don't want to use texture illumination mapping from my Shader Pack you can use the SetObjectColorEmissive( ) maybe ?
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2017 13:21
Preben has a bloom-per-object implementation in his GGLoader (screenshot can be found here: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216912?page=2#msg2590949). Looks great!
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2017 15:22 Edited at: 1st Dec 2017 15:46
You could, if you don't have a very bright scene, use the Bloom shader provided by AppGameKit to make the glow more visible.
Depends on the scene if its a good thing or a bad thing that the bloom effect catches all bright spots (either an object which is bright because of a hight SetObjectColorEmissive( ) value or if it uses the selfillumination shader of my pack).
I'm sure, if he doesn't use the default Bloom shader that comes with AppGameKit, Preben catches all glowing objects in a separate render texture and then passing this "mask" to a shader that is similar to the Bloom shader made for the Bloom demo.
Pro: The shader only catches the objects which are setup by the system.
Contra: You need to render those objects twice.

@CJB: should I make a Per-Object-Bloom system for my Shader Pack ?
Actually I think the default bloom shader and illumination shader should do the job pretty good
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2017 23:11
I'd love a single object glow shader.

The AppGameKit supplied bloom shader won't and doesn't work in VR due to quad usage.
I suppose all fullscreen shaders are not viable for VR for the same reason (zero distance rendering)

I've made do with emissive and other tricks to get by.
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2017 23:59 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2017 00:05
@nz0 I talked to Ron Erickson according depth textures in AGKVR.
He wants to add a command to render to a single eye, I can make my System compatible with VR then.
So maybe I add the Bloom shader to it just so you don't need to hassle with the rendering process.
I got a nifty method to render several layer of fullscreen shader by now.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Westa
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2017 01:52
Well, if he adds that, then it will solve some problems with any full screen shaders or even sprite drawing for VR maybe?

I already have a broken up render process to make several virtual screens I use in the VR process, so it's not a problem for me now, but will make VR compatible for standard rendering.

I miss bloom though, so this will be good.

Westa
Years of Service
User Offline
So i guess that all still dont answer the question - is there a single object glow sample shader out there anywhere ?

West
Westa
Years of Service
User Offline
Using tier 2 for this new project - is there are plans for a tier2 version of the shader pack ?

Westa
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2017 22:29
janbo wrote: "should I make a Per-Object-Bloom system for my Shader Pack ?"

janbo, As a happy buyer of your shader pack, it could be a great idea to have it implemented
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2017 09:19
Quote: " is there are plans for a tier2 version of the shader pack ?"

It';s already tier 2. Shaders don't depend on what tier you use.
Click here for VR Legend of Zelda stuff
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2017 09:31 Edited at: 4th Dec 2017 09:31
@Mobiius we made the same picky answer to the same question on different threads at the same time.

Quote: "As a happy buyer of your shader pack, it could be a great idea to have it implemented"

Well then, I see what I can do.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 19:12:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 19:12:17