Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [LOCKED] AGK freelancer needed for small extremely basic game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2017 17:59 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2017 21:28
Hi. Im looking for someone who has some experience making games on AppGameKit tier 2. I need a small basic maze type game made. Graphics dont matter, it just has to be functional. Message me for more info.
derekparker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey. Im looking for someone to make a extremely basic 2D game. The sprites do not have to be animated. Graphics dont matter, it just has to be functional.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2017 23:27 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2017 23:29
I guess your post is being postponed for review because you are a new member.

Send me a PM with the details and I will get back to you.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2017 09:17
Is that the sound of a lock coming?
Click here for VR Legend of Zelda stuff
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2017 10:11
Was it just me that also got an email from this guy asking me to make a game or has he spammed everyone on the forum with email?
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2017 10:19
I didn't get an e-mail. I'd like to see some detail about the proposed project and who it's for though. We shouldn't close down legitimate requests (if indeed this is!), although this might not be the best place for such.
basicFanatic
Years of Service
User Offline
As my nick indicates, I'm more into Tier 1 stuff. So I'm not interested myself. Still, pretty curious what this is about!
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2017 12:17
Quote: "We shouldn't close down legitimate requests"

But team requests are against the AUP, especially ones where the OP doesn't have any sample code which they've already started. This is essentially a 'Gimme teh coadz' or a 'Make my game for me, for free' thread. A post in the off topic board might have been more appropriate.
Click here for VR Legend of Zelda stuff
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2017 13:02 Edited at: 4th Dec 2017 13:06
Quote: "But team requests are against the AUP,"

I don't think this is a team request.

It sounds like he wants to hire someone to make a game for him.

Quote: " Im looking for someone who has some experience making games on AppGameKit tier 2. I"

That is the part I had not seen yet, so count me out because I am sticking to tier 1.

Quote: "Was it just me that also got an email from this guy asking me to make a game or has he spammed everyone on the forum with email?"

I got a similar request sent in a PM, but the user name was different.

That was a brand new account too though, so probably the same guy.

Quote: "Is that the sound of a lock coming?"

All up to the moderators I guess.

I would need more info before I could determine if this was a legitimate request to hire someone.

However, while not sure of the sound of a lock coming, it is starting to smell like someone looking for an easy way out of a school assignment.

My suggestion to the OP is to look at at the sticky "Small Game Templates...", and to also look at the examples included with AGK.

With a little work and time put into it, I am sure he could manage to code his own game, since it sounds like simple and very basic game anyway.

Not only could he save his $160, but he could gain knowledge which is priceless.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2017 13:16
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2017 14:56
Nothing further from the OP on this thread, no details, no explanation of work already carried out, no mock-ups / screenshots / media etc.. I'd lock it.
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2017 15:33
Yeap also got message via TGC account...same request/person/price...very little info, doesn't even say he wants it done in AppGameKit or that he wants someone experienced in Tier 2 as per the OP. In fact the wording was basically all that was written in his second post here with the additional offer of $160. I don't have AppGameKit, have never posted anywhere other than DBP, bug reports and geek culture boards and not for some time...so has to be spamming us surely?
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 01:40:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 01:40:59