Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Geany errors with 'AGK64' IDE on Ubuntu 16.04 MATE Edition

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Question for folks who may be using the IDE on Ubuntu MATE 16.04

Periodically there are errors when using the 'AGK64' IDE (i.e. AGK64 -> Tier1/Editor/bin/geany64*) on Ubuntu 16.04 MATE Edition.
They show up in the console from which the IDE is launched, errors like:

This first one seems to only crop up after the IDE is initially launched:
(AGK64:2921): Gtk-CRITICAL **: _gtk_tree_view_column_autosize: assertion 'GTK_IS_TREE_VIEW (tree_view)' failed

This one can be seen many times, depending on the IDE usage:
(AGK64:2921): Geany-CRITICAL **: sci_get_contents_range: assertion 'start < end' failed

Seems the second one at least is related to:
Tier1/Editor/include/geany/geanyfunctions.h:#define sci_get_contents_range \
Tier1/Editor/include/geany/geanyfunctions.h: geany_functions->p_sci->sci_get_contents_range
Tier1/Editor/include/geany/plugindata.h: gchar* (*sci_get_contents_range) (struct _ScintillaObject *sci, gint start, gint end);
(maybe a problem with a geany plugin ?)

Afaik all the correct dependencies are all in place, the IDE still seems to be perfectly usable, or at least I've not noticed quite what it is that is 'broken'

Any one else run into this or have any info about how to prevent these from happening/solve this ?
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2017 12:35
It's not a problem. I'm using Ubuntu 16.04LTS as well, though vanilla with Unity.

Usually - as in pretty much always - I launch AppGameKit from the dock-icon. No errors or anything of the sorts pop up then. Just for testing I launched now from the terminal, and I got these messages:

(AGK64:2872): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "nodoka",

(AGK64:2872): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "nodoka",

(AGK64:2872): Gtk-CRITICAL **: _gtk_tree_view_column_autosize: assertion 'GTK_IS_TREE_VIEW (tree_view)' failed

Since AppGameKit started up fine with no issues (and I've never experienced any), I assume it's just the run-time being a bit picky but not stubborn

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 01:44:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 01:44:03