Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / way too simple game engine - all-in-one tool for making (very) simple games - WIP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2017 15:56 Edited at: 24th Dec 2017 16:00
marry christmas everyone.

i wanted to get a project done for chistmas. it didn't happen because i started too late and because of work, but i still want to share what i had been up to the past days.

i made a software that should allow you to create simple 2d graphics, create spritesheets, create maps, setup player and enemies, set items and spells and create sounds. it has a very simple script system for creating custom events.
i only got the sprite editor and the script system ready for now, but i am pleased how it turned out.
my goal is that you can make simple platformers or adventure games like super mario, legend of zelda or megaman.

attached are some screenshots of the software and some sprites i made with it.

edit: added a screenshot of a harvest moon clone i'm working on that uses those sprites.
"It is only slightly easier than changing all sugar in a cake into stevia after it has already been baked" -Bisqwit

Attachments

Login to view attachments
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2017 16:09
Pretty cool. can't wait to check it out. Is this made in dbpro ?
gamer, lover, filmmaker
zero32
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you. yes, everything made with dbpro. uses advanced 2d plugin. i want to fix some bugs related to the size of the drawing area and fix the "new" button, then i can upload the first version.
"It is only slightly easier than changing all sugar in a cake into stevia after it has already been baked" -Bisqwit
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2017 03:18
Looks interesting. I'm especially interested in making maps for games. I've written a map maker myself, but I would be interested to see what you come up with.

So many games to code.....so little time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 22:20:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 22:20:33