Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Looking for new security camera system

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2017 20:52
I currently have a Night Owl system I got from Microcenter about 4-5 years ago. The video quality is only average at 1440x900 and night time is visible but not really clear enough to fully identify who a person is. I paid less than $300 for the 4 camera system and would prefer to keep around that price range unless something is really worth a higher amount. Anyone have suggestions for a better system?

What I'm looking for:
- support for at least 4 cameras, 6-8 would be better
- a good quality night vision
- remote access
- DVR capabilities
- Motion detection

It would also be nice if the camera had a zoom and/or pivot feature that can be controlled remotely, but not a deal breaker. The above are the must-haves.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Carharttguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2018 20:13
Go for Ubuiqiti. Really. best you'll find for your money. (Also for your wireless network)
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2018 21:43
I ended up getting LaView. Had pretty decent reviews. Although I have no idea why the price is now twice what it was on amazon last week.

https://www.amazon.com/LaView-Camera-Security-Channel-Surveillance/dp/B00KXB496M/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1515793058&sr=1-1&keywords=lv-kn988p86a4-t2

It's ok so far, but it has a few frustrating issues. Firstly, I have yet to be able to access the cameras remotely. Their mobile apps are garbage and can't connect to the cameras. One of the the main features I wanted was to see my cameras remotely! I do like the motion detection though. I can't speak for the night vision yet, as I only have one up and it's always lit by my porch light. It's fun to go back through the motion captured footage at night and see what kind of creatures are roaming around. I have a opossum that likes to visit my house..... along with the neighbor's cat.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:31:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:31:28