Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / pyxel edit json level and physics sprites

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So RickV was kind enough to share a program created by Hughbus (my heros) that imports JSON files from Pyxel Edit as map tiles.

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/220604

I have loaded up a map I am working on for a game I wanted to make with physics based sprites (side-scrolling platformer). I fired it up, and the map loaded beautifully. Added my sprite with setspritephysicson(char.spr, 2) and he fell through the floor. I have learned from previous endeavors and the help of this great community that sometimes you can waste countless hours trying to muscle through coding without knowing what you are doing, only to find there was a much more simple and painless way to achieve the desired effect.

Basically, is there something I am doing wrong in Pyxel Edit, or a simple way to load these tiles as setspritephysicson(1) tiles that will prevent the character from falling through? I'm afraid of breaking Hughbus' agc file by trying to modify it with the above mentioned command.

I know a lot of people recommend not using physics, but with the gameplay I had in mind it would work nicely. Thanks in advance for any advice!
One smart fellow, he felt smart. Two smart fellows, both felt smart. Three smart fellows all felt smart...
Vladimuffin
Years of Service
User Offline
Woohoo, so I was able to figure this out without breaking anything, even if Hughbus' code is still out of my league.

One smart fellow, he felt smart. Two smart fellows, both felt smart. Three smart fellows all felt smart...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:11:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:11:02