Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tier 1 WIP -- I made a little chatbot!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2018 16:11 Edited at: 11th Jan 2018 16:13
When I saw that AKG suddenly had TextToSpeech, I wanted to use it for something. I began coding a chatbot. I even made an on-screen keyboard for it, since I didn't like the build-in keyboard. It still need lot of work to to make it appear more sentient ... not quite a Turing Test winner, this!

Stylewise, I try to aim at New Age weirdness, but slightly darker and gothic-like.

Beware that the bot is sometimes a bit rude, calling you stupid or telling you to STFU or suchlike.
Also, the prog won't work in windows, since it waits for GetTextToSpeechReady(). But it works fine on my Android Phone!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2018 16:53
Quote: "the bot is sometimes a bit rude, calling you stupid or telling you to STFU"

Why would you do that?
You are seriously limiting your user base.
If you upload it to the app store then you can expect to get some major complaints and possibly a ban.
I hate Political Correctness but for something like this it is necessary.

Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2018 17:05 Edited at: 11th Jan 2018 17:06
Funny. Reminds me a bit of a rude version of Eliza with speech on the C64 even though that was more of a shrink like approach.

I once read a book a about how to analyze texts for stuff like this, filtering verbs, noons and combo's, quite interesting.
Carharttguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2018 17:41 Edited at: 11th Jan 2018 17:41
I really like the keyboard and overal style!

Quote: "You are seriously limiting your user base."

I doubt that BasicFanatic made this to get a large user base to be honest, maybe more to learn from or so?
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2018 10:00
Quote: "You are seriously limiting your user base"

I'd just tell those stupid people to STFU!

lol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:29:44
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:29:44