Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Showcase / This is how my AGK games performed on steam the last few months.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2018 12:00 Edited at: 14th Jan 2018 12:08
Not sure if this topic belongs here but seemed relevant.

I've had two games on steam for 3 months, so how did they do? I wont post finance info as I dont think steam likes that but both games recouped their $100 submittion fee in the first week. I'll be getting my first payment this month and lets just say I wont be quiting working, I wont be paying off my mortgage, I wont be buying a car, I wont be buying a 60" 4k HDR TV, but I might buy a Nintendo Swich.

The Spikes you see on the graphs are the Steam sale periods, I did no marketing of these games just put them on Steam and let it run.

Santa's Workshop
Released: October 22nd (on sale for 84 days)
Dev time: ~4 weeks
Money spent: $400 ($100 submission fee, ~$300 art and sound)

Total visits (users who visited my store page)
Total: 71,937
Mean: 841\day

Total impressions (number of time my game appeared in searchs or recommended results)
Total: 1,165,062
Mean: 13,533\day

Super boxman
Released: Novemember 11th (on sale for 64 days)
Dev time: ~4 days
Money spent: $100 (submission fee)

Total visits (users who visited my store page)
Total: 91,735
Mean: 1,433\day

Total impressions (number of times my game appeared in search or recommended results)
Total: 1,196,239
Mean: 18,691\day

So there you have it, from my experience Steam is still a good platform with far more footfall than other other platform, you'll still need something special to get rich but at-least a good number of people get to see you game *ahem* google play *ahem.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2018 12:24 Edited at: 14th Jan 2018 12:26
I think you have to tailor apps for mobiles a lot more.
Like reward adds to get ingame stuff and timers to refresh banners durng gameplay.
When i did this so did i get 0.25 us dollars more per day with only 10 users on my latest app.
and yes it havent bin up for so long and is very simple
I dont market anything on goggle play but still experimenting wath gets more downloads..
But where a positiv impact compared to the other test apps i uploaded.
I estimate i will get better downloads when my games are better
My latest test app seams to work somebit...

A question for you..
how do you get your trailers to show on goggle play on computers..
mine only show on mobiles?
i will only show the link i use...

https://youtu.be/3qCGG5GqH00

should i use the embedd option in the store settings on play consol?

And congrats on getting some money
I only earn about 15-25 us dollars a month on my channel and apps.
Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz
Supertino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2018 15:43
Not sure as to the youtube question; been several years since I bothered the Android apps, in their entire existent, some ad support some paid I've made a little over $60 with my droid games, I'd take em down but I have to have at least $100 earned before I can take the money out, I'd give it another 4 years I should have $100 by then. when it comes to mobile even if you ignore the money getting people to install your app is almost impossible., I see it as a huge waste of time, frankly I get annoyed on behalf of developers who make apps for mobile cus' I know they're in for disappointment. Steam though I hope I've at least demonstrated that two very mediocre, run of the mill, nothing special games can get eye balls and even dollars... at least for now.
puzzler2018
Years of Service
User Offline
The world is a big place and extensive for the games market.

Customers will/may just go - Oh not another tetris style game or lets move some rocks to get some gold type game

We have to be creative, different style to all the other apps out there - something that stands out from the crowd, something that everyone will enjoy the look of and play, perhaps a story to tell and all that jazz

Keep ya thinking caps on for the big bucks
Supertino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2018 12:31
Like the passion but I honestly believe you could have the best game ever but unless you're lucky or have a mountain of cash to spend on marketing it doomed to fail on mobile.
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Damn, that's disappointing about google play. I am not a programmer, and have worked hard at learning AppGameKit, as well as, other programs(blender, GIMP, PHOTOSHOP).

About 6 months ago I really started to worry about google-play and the inability for amateur products to show up. To find out the guys who have way more experience than me can't even make a small amount is pretty disheartening. My hope was to make at least what I make currently and quit, which by no means is close to millionaire status.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2018 03:48
I mean, the mobile markets were already over saturated before agk was even a thing
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
Pfaber1
User Offline
How long can you keep your game on steam for for 100 dollars.? Gonna have to try this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2018-11-21 15:38:47
Your offset time is: 2018-11-21 15:38:47