Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Camera showing the inside of objects when gets close.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I bought this about, what is it, 15 years ago, used it about a year (can't remember my old account)

Anyway, getting back into it, i'm banging my head at what I hope is a small problem.

When I enter the small hallway, 3 cubes deep,1 cube wide, 2 cubes high (images attached), The camera is showing me the inside of the "cubes" on the left and right instead of the wall.(it is default make object cubes)

How do I stop that from happening?

Images attached (I guess, not inline?)
db1 (outside the hallway)
db2 (inside the hallway, red circles show the problem)

Using DB Version 1.0761

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 03:13
Can't see your post as you are probably on post approval if you haven't posted before but I am pretty sure you need to have a play around with the set camera range command's "near" value such as 0.1 for example. From the help files:

"SET CAMERA RANGE Near Value, Far Value
The Front Value specifies the closest point beyond which the camera starts to draw the 3D scene. The Back Value specifies the furthest point beyond which the camera stops drawing the 3D scene. The parameters must be specified using real numbers greater than zero. The default range starts drawing the 3D scene with a front value of 1 and a back value of 3000"

The other option would be to limit the distance the camera can get to any specific object which presents it's own issues with none uniform shaped objects as well as having to choose suitable object sizes.
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E
Zep--
Years of Service
User Offline
I figured it out before my post made it past moderation. (How long is the moderation supposed to last?)

Yes, it was the camera "Near Value", since the hall way is only 1 unit wide, I set Near Value of the camera to "0.4"

Seems to have solved my problem.

Back at it...gonna mess with some collision detection now....
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 13:31
I can't recall moderation period...but I think it is a case of while on moderation they aim to get it approved asap. You will probably need to contact a moderator or even try the help option - the green tab on bottom right of page. Chances are that by time you get a response you might well be off moderation already...it isn't a very long period from what I remember, might even be based on the number of successfully approved posts, I just don't know.
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E
Zep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 10:48 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2018 10:49
Just testing to see if I got my old account back...

edit: Awesome! Thanks, Richard!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:05:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:05:20