Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Problem with different resolutions for different devices

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, i'm still a beginner in the world of AGK2, i'm trying to develop a game, i coded him for my samsung galaxy s6 with the screen and virtual resolutions of 768 x 1024, i finally take it to an acceptable and playable state, but...when i try to run it on a different device with the corresponding resolution i have problems like black borders, trying to changing will show zoomed and bigger sprites, empty portions of the screen etc...

How i can resolve all of this and make the game playable also on the other devices?

Any help will be very appreciated, thank you.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 18:57
the problem is because not all devices have/support the same aspect ratio and if you set a specific resolution then AppGameKit will do it's best to fit that resolution into the screen (and any extra will become border).
the help file suggests to use
Quote: "The default approach for the coordinate system in AppGameKit is to use a percentage based system where 0,0 represents the top left corner and 100,100 the bottom right"
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
RavenFelman
Years of Service
User Offline
I try to change the virtual resolution and the screen resolution for matching the one of my galaxy tab (600x976) but i get unwanted proportions of the sprites and text, also text position is not the same, it's like moved to the right

https://ibb.co/iscgGw

https://ibb.co/eAttUG
RavenFelman
Years of Service
User Offline
I have to change all the values of the sprites etc... to make the percentage based system to work?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:09:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:09:25