Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Brave

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2018 13:22
Do you know Brave Browser ?

https://brave.com/

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2018 19:37
I am not sure "Brave" is the right name for an internet browser that's meant to be safer and more secure, it's a name that sounds like the opposite.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2018 12:56
Looking at the site, I have a hard time believing the accuracy of those speed claims. Not that Brave is unusually fast, but by how slow it claims Chrome is. 30-90 seconds to load various news websites. Chrome on my machine takes just seconds to load. MSNBC took about 8 seconds to fully load in chrome on a crappy work laptop. Time took maybe 15 seconds before it stopped making requests, far far quicker than the 98 seconds claim. Yes I get these tests were done on an android

I also don't see where they get the idea that the average mobile user pays $23 a month downloading ads.

I see no purpose for this browser. It's chromium-based with an ad-blocker built in instead of an extension. The website even mentions something about allowing some ads through and a built in payment system (why?)
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:49:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:49:13