Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Loading Media? Load Screen?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
With a HTML5 export, is there a way to intercept this using AppGameKit and create a loading screen? Or does it have to be done in JavaScript in the HTML file itself?
~~ LillyByte ~~
http://www.dymoria.com
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Jan 2018 23:05 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2018 23:06
I dont think there is that capability

So maybe iintroduce a game loader with your app

When it does a certain load of music/data/building then in your loading screen have a progress bar which increases

Which increases as such..
Loading Music progress + 20
Loading Sounds progress + 20
Loading Objects progress + 20
Building Maps progress + 20
Setting Player Configurations progress +20

5 settings = 100/5 = 20 ratio

The only way really

Nearly all games have a loading screen anyway - dont want to make customers feel its crashed and then 2 minutes later the game is loaded and running
LillyByte
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "When it does a certain load of music/data/building then in your loading screen have a progress bar which increases"

Can't do this easily with HTML5 since it has to download the engine, assets, etc.

I've seen other devs do a progress screen for AppGameKit in HTML5 and I'm wondering if that was done inside the engine or outside the engine.
~~ LillyByte ~~
http://www.dymoria.com
Carharttguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2018 20:31
Quote: "uote: "When it does a certain load of music/data/building then in your loading screen have a progress bar which increases"

Can't do this easily with HTML5 since it has to download the engine, assets, etc.

I've seen other devs do a progress screen for AppGameKit in HTML5 and I'm wondering if that was done inside the engine or outside the engine."

Can't go in detail on this matter, as I just don't know how to do it. But I know the concept:

Loading HTML5 .data file is done outside of the engine. It's more of an ASM.js thing. But a loading bar is certainly possible.
A few versions back (not anymore with my installation) there was a textual progress on the default AppGameKit html app page. You could see the % of the loading.

So I would ask Paul how they did that (or install older version of AppGameKit (Is that even possible?)). Once you fetch the %, you can build your own JS loading bar with that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:08:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:08:02