Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / This is a Great Community!

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2018 18:43 Edited at: 29th Jan 2018 02:40
This community is just awesome! Always making interesting stuff and sharing many things right here on the forums as well.

Maybe this is not the place for it but I just wanted to say thanks to you all Cliff, janbo, hoyoyo80, puzzler2018 and the others who are always helping and freely sharing their code and knowledge.

Another thing I really like about this place is it lacks the elitist views that plague some other forums. Also the majority of people here seem to be able to recognize and appreciate nice works (design, programming, etc) even if the graphics are the most basic or even look bad. This makes it so everyone feels more like sharing and helping each other out. Because we don't have some jackasses always nitpicking everything and commenting only to negative instead of thanking and appreciating or <gasp> trying to actually be helpful. lol

This is the kind of forum we all need IMO.

So yeah that's it. Hopefully this year we will see the community continue to grow and share and AGK2 games and so forth just get better and better.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2018 19:28
My policy are if you share others will share
I started with dark basic pro with the help of many helping hands so i try to hold on with it my self
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 28th Jan 2018 21:22
Thanks and your welcome and indeed everyone is

It comes to personal preference to share knowlegde, but i love to create tools or engine style systems, these systems can then be changed to suit everyones requirements

I feel its important to share, we all learn that way and I feel learning is a never ending cycle of life.

So keep up the good techniques

Stay happy, drink plenty of coffee and code!

Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2018 22:32
Welcome. We dare to share. That's what life is all about..

GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2018 23:31
I agree and am the same way. Maybe that is it. Here I seem to have found a community of likeminded people. But... wait a second... damn... that means you all might be a little strange too. LOL
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2018 23:51
Its a pretty special place to be sure. There is a reason so many have been around and are still active with a decade or more of membership behind them
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2018 01:17 Edited at: 30th Jan 2018 01:19
I've noticed the large number of years showing for many of the folks around here for sure. Seem to be many who have been a member for a decade or more.
Of course many of us have been into game dev for decades but we were just using other things such as AMOS, BLITZ, C & Allegro, Monkey X, etc.
But still that kind of longevity for members here definitely indicates something is very right here.
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2018 02:33
We're also SUPER handsome.
Help out a fellow dev! Download and rate my games! They're free!

Wizzed Off! - (Android) (iOS)
God of Thunder - (Android) (iOS)
Extreme Lawn Mowing - (Android) (iOS)
Drunken Heroes - (Android) (iOS)

And you can get Fluffy Knuckleduster merchandise at our new store!
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2018 07:40
I agree, this forum is super nice I have received much help over the years here and I try to help whenever I can
13/0
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2018 11:17 Edited at: 30th Jan 2018 11:17
Agreed, that's why I've been coming here for 11 years I've been away for a while but I've decided I need to get back into it as I am working too hard. Glad to see things haven't changed here while I've been away!
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 08:40:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 08:40:17