Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Encryption in AGK Tier 1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi community, are the plans to implement some "real" encryption functions - symmetric or even assymmetric - into AppGameKit Tier 1? I do not talk about hashing, I know that there are SHA functions existing.
Or did someone already implement some encryption function? Besides XOR I mean.
I am using the AppGameKit multiplayer networking functionality and want to transmit encrypted data from client to server for example used for user authentication.

Have a nice day!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2018 12:13
Well you can send data over an SSL connection, that would be encrypted.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
traumvogel
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, as I wrote, I am using the AppGameKit Multiplayer Networking functions. There is no SSL there. I sure know that AppGameKit supports SSL for connecting to web resources.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 8th Feb 2018 23:07
The simplest encryption is simply just add an amount to the asci value of a character at a time
ie your key might be 13
cipher = (value + key) Mod(26) .......... to restrict it to the first 26 printable characters for example
to convert back
ciphertextLetter = (cipher + 65).......65 the starting character

you can also use a library of characters ie an array of the possible characters you want to be able to store
This also adds a double encryption method

I have the code to do the previous somewhere and when il find it il post it
fubar
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2018 09:05
Good old ROT13... I remember doing that in one of my first C++ lessons at college MANY years ago.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 9th Feb 2018 12:24
Quote: "Good old ROT13"

It sure was great using C++ and for gaming much better than object c I believe
and with an added array list of printable characters theres no reason why they cant be randomly arranged in the array
with some slight modifications to the formula. But not sure if they call that ROT13 when you do that.

Thought I had the appropriate functions for GDK which wouldn't be hard to convert AppGameKit but ive had a bit of a look with no luck
I will probably go to c versions of AppGameKit when i find a tutorial that covers more of a detailed setup. At the moment i get the
original template code to work but only way i can get other code to work is to modify the source template.
NO need to post here explanations or howto's

fubar
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2018 01:38
A while back, I posted this thread: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/219421

Essentially it takes a random string and use as a key to encrypt and decrypt. Pretty basic stuff.

For user authentication, you should look into using Firebase as an auth server and use tokens from there to gain access to your backend API.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 01:26:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 01:26:00