Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / GetObjectName( ID ) returns no model nor object name??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to identify the type of model that was created for a specific object ID number, however
GetObjectName( objectID ) does not return an actual string with a name. It is blank. Doesn't return a zero, just a blank.

I'm using Print(GetObjectName( knownIDnumberhere ) , but nothing shows up.

What am I missing?

I'm creating the objects using: objectname = LoadObject ("object.obj")

This assigns an object ID of something like 100001 , which I know through raycast check with object_hit = ObjectRayCast(0, x y z start and x y z end positions in 3d etc. ) .
PHeMoX
Years of Service
User Offline
Bump

Apparently GetObjectName() only works for models loaded with LoadObjectWithChildren() which is fine, however it returns the first mesh name in the file, it does not return the actual 'object.obj' or 'object.x' name.

Is there some kind of other command we can use to track down the specific file names of objects perhaps? Otherwise I need to write code that keeps track of generated IDs and add one to an array of files I guess.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 03:24:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 03:24:50