Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / What's would people recommend for animating 3D characters, preferably skeletal type animation??

Author
Recently Online
Hi everyone,

I'm going to guess most people would recommend Blender, however I can't really stand it's user interface. I don't need a million short-cuts that make very little sense or an interface that prefers to hide the useful stuff by default hahah, no offense.

Anyway, I'm sure some people know what I mean. Are there any worthwhile alternatives that come to mind??
Old Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been using Fragmotion for years, you may want to check it out.
PHeMoX
Recently Online
Thanks! I have heard of that before years ago, but never actually tried it (used to use 3D GameStudio and it's included vertex animation editor). I will look into it.
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2018 14:35
It hasn't been updated in a while, but I still use Milkshape 3D to create and animate my 3D models. http://www.milkshape3d.com/ I am a fellow hater of Blender's interface. I have used Fragmotion too, but I will take MS3D any day.

So many games to code.....so little time.
PHeMoX
Recently Online
Cool, I'll look into Milkshape too then. I did like Fragmotion though. Had some animations going in literally no time actually, without the visual distraction of a million features cluttering the screen. Just as a side note, it's also nice to know more people feel this way about Blender, which is otherwise an extremely capable software without question.
hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
Too bad u cannot get into blender. Actually i tried blender severals time and always put it down. Since i coming from 3dsmax(what i like the most is Biped) it super ultra hard to learn blender. I also admit cant learn maya.

But one day i tried to mess up with the blender cube using basic modelling like extrude,scale,loop cut and mirror. Suddenly i get the feel for it. But yeah, i still wish 3dsmax dont go for subcsription.

Now im with blender and still wish there are better animation program i can use.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2018-02-21 01:13:39
Your offset time is: 2018-02-21 01:13:39