Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Showcase / [WIP] #1RoomRPG currently still unnamed gamejam project

Author
Recently Online
Posted: 8th Feb 2018 18:43 Edited at: 8th Feb 2018 21:34
Hi everyone! After a few 2D related projects I decided about a week ago I would try my hand at some 3D and physics related stuff to learn AppGameKit 2 better. Development always has it's highs and lows, but I definitely like AppGameKit 2 a lot. Especially the current ease with which to make Android games with it. Below is a short progress video on one of my projects so far:

I tend to need a bit of an incentive to start and finish my projects, so that's why I choose a game jam with a theme to join. This is also forcing me to learn the AppGameKit engine fairly quickly, so if you've noticed more and more questions from me on this forum that's mostly why hahah.

Anyway, just wanted to share what I'm working on. Movement in this is still extremely basic, without character rotation and animations, largely just there to check the physics.
PHeMoX
Recently Online
By the way, not sure why my Youtube video isn't embedded, any ideas? I am of course still new here, so maybe that's why?
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2018 19:02
Only this of your tube code inside brackets.
rEfNHYt4WVo
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2018 19:07
The artwork looks pretty sweet and will stick out so a good selection.
If you have windows 10 so press windows logo and g so do you have a built in screen recorder that is better then many more expensive ones.
Record all my videos with it.
PHeMoX
Recently Online
Posted: 8th Feb 2018 21:36 Edited at: 8th Feb 2018 23:14
Thanks!

I never knew there was a built in screen recorder, thanks. That definitely beats using my phone hahah.
PHeMoX
Recently Online
A short update on animating the character. The floating was already fixed, however I wanted to use Crouch3DPhysicsCharacterController to get the height right using that function. That sadly didn't quite work well. Any value of crouching below 45 and the physics started to freak out in the ground, despite the model being above it. What didn't help either was that the Stand3DPhysicsCharacterController did not revert back to the original height at all, but more like 80% of it.
As there's no way to change the 'stand' values, I decided to go with what looks visually best and just offset the model in the animation itself (see attachment image).

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PHeMoX
Recently Online
Some more progress... I have begun some more work on the simple inventory system.

Still not sure the type of movement and control scheme really works well or if I need to go with a point-n-click or RPG tap to move towards style control.

Anyway, the deadline of the game jam is closing in, so maybe I won't have time to tweak all that until after a more playable game in terms of RPG aspects is finished. I am enjoying the project though, so will try to finish this for an official release.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2018 14:41
Inventory fits well with the rest
You still dont use win logo g to record ?
PHeMoX
Recently Online
Quote: "You still dont use win logo g to record ?"

I will very soon. I've already tried and works great, but have a few debug texts I want to remove first and finish a few features before the next video.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2018-02-21 01:25:04
Your offset time is: 2018-02-21 01:25:04