Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / My first game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Please download and tell me what you think

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.esimerkki.omasovellus
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 12th Feb 2018 02:00
Just a suggestion take several screen shots of the game while playing and perhaps a video
All I see by looking at the store is the same pic.
Can I suggest a program called Fraps to take in game screen shots and videos
http://www.fraps.com/download.php
its free and I use it all the time but I find I have to convert the videos to mpg to upload to youtube
I convert the videos with Win XD HD video converter also free with some delays in free version
available here
https://www.winxdvd.com/hd-video-converter-deluxe/download.htm
fubar
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2018 18:27
OBS Studio (Open Broadcaster Software), or Snipping-Tool from Windows. I can't see, what is your game about and why you want some rights for the game.
And also your text has to be in English (or German or some other European language), to reach a brighter audience maybe.
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2018 20:57
Apparently Win10 also has a screen recorder in Game Mode, but is not working on less specced systems.
You can launch the Game Bar by pressing Windows + G.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2018 02:42 Edited at: 13th Feb 2018 03:10
Quote: "Please download and tell me what you think"

Crab Catcher

I think this is a great effort for first game.

I think there is room for improvement, as well as a little polish.

The yellow background with black text for the restart screen was easy to read, but the white text for the high score was almost impossible for me to read with the yellow background.

The only thing that pinched me was that sometimes the crab was off screen, almost like you used screen boundaries for the max X and Y values the same size of the screen, which the top left corner of the sprite being positioned it sometimes goes to the far edge of the screen and I couldn't see it at all. Reducing those values by the width and height of the sprite would ensure it stays on screen (offset).

Also, it said to click the screen for the restart, but you actually had to hit the start button, so that was a bit confusing.

You seemed to have used the Package Name for the App Name as well, but the App Name should be more descriptive of your game's title.

I would bet that you are to anxious to start your next game, rather than improving the first one, so I am not trying to suggest that there is anything to 'fix', just that it could have been a bit more polished, but being a first release, I can easily understand the desire for a speedy publishing.

Congratulations on your first game, and I look forward to the next one.

P.S. The Showcase Forum would have probably been better for this post than the Chat Forum, so don't be surprised if a Moderator moves it.

Welcome to the forums.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2018 09:13
You have no gameplay screenshots in the play store, neither do you have a video.

These kind of details make the difference between people playing it, and not playing it.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2018 09:58
Not aviable in my country so far but i know the store takes a while to update everywhere.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2018 10:19 Edited at: 13th Feb 2018 10:20
Not available in the german store.

And this topic should go in the showcase sub forum.
Running Windows 7 Home, 64 bit, 8 GB ram, Athlon II X2 255, ATI Radeon HD 4200. Using AGK2 Tier 1.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:20:03
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:20:03