Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Help removing IAP library

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've built a media player app using Tier 1, very simple, it just plays several OGG audio tracks... done.

Upon submitting it to Amazon, they are reporting that my app "Offers in-app purchase"... which it does not.
I submitted a support ticket to Amazon on how to get that notice removed from my listings, and they replied that I need to check "your Android manifest file for the associated receiver and permissions and remove it, even if there's no actual IAP code in your app"

I believe that they assume that my app is built with JAVA, but it's built with AppGameKit Tier 1 code, and I've no clue how to proceed with removing IAP support from my apps.

I'm hoping that someone here has experience with this and can help me... Please!

Someone on the amazon forum posted that I should be looking for this code and comment it out:
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2018 14:20
When you build / export the .apk file make sure the box for inapp purchases is unticked.
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
TokVaal
Years of Service
User Offline
I did have that option unchecked, for both the Amazon and Google exports.
Also that option (among others) is grayed out during the Amazon "flavor" of export.

Yet they still say that IAP is included with my app.
TokVaal
Years of Service
User Offline
Amazon has responded with the following:

Quote: "Thanks for additional details. Another thing to check is the linked in-app purchasing library (.jar file). If you downloaded Amazon SDK for Android, chances are you linked the in-app-purchasing-2.0.76.jar file to your project, which could be the reason for displaying the message that your app uses IAP. If so, then remove / unlink that library. If that's not the case, then could you please specify the name of one of the apps that shows it has IAP on Appstore, and also send me that app's AndroidManifest.xml file, so I could investigate. Thanks!"

I found the AndroidManifest.xml file, and commented out the code listed in the OP, and re-uploaded my app to amazon, but the store is still reporting that my app still has in-app purchasing. I guess the next step would be to delete that code from the Manifest file. Does anyone know how to remove the IAP jar file without breaking AppGameKit SDK? At least just for exporting this app?

I also sent the requested information to Amazon, and perhaps they will have some further insight...
I just figured I should put this to the AppGameKit devs as well, because not everyone wants their apps listed with IAP in the amazon store.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2018 16:19
Hi,

For now this is how it is. We have made a note and will add a choice when we release the next version of AppGameKit (some weeks away yet).

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
TokVaal
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Rick, that would be great.

I should probably start another post for this, but I'll put it here to.

My app does not contain advertising, but Google gives me a warning:

Quote: "We found ad SDKs in your active APK(s):
Version: 1, SDK: Chartboost
Version: 1, SDK: AdMob
If your app includes ad SDKs but doesn't serve ads, keep your current "No" declaration. If your app serves ads, change your declaration to "Yes".
If you misrepresent the presence of ads in your app, it's considered a violation of Google Play policies. "

Luckily Google give me the option to declare that it doesn't have ads, but Amazon doesn't give us that opportunity.

It would be great if there was a control in AppGameKit to remove the IAP and advertising SDK libraries. It would make the apps smaller, and Google and Amazon wouldn't be giving me crud about it.

I understand that automatically including the libs makes life easier for most people... especially those that want them
TokVaal
Years of Service
User Offline
I finally got a message back from Amazon regarding the IAP notice they put on all my apps... even though they do not contain IAP items.

Quote: "Thank you for your patience. The "Offers in-app purchases" message is added automatically by the publishing tools.

We can see the following log entries that shows that the logic is detecting this as IAP:
-----------
Tue Feb 20 21:11:39 UTC 2018:Checking for the presence of InApp API
Tue Feb 20 21:11:39 UTC 2018:Flagging this app as it uses the IAP SDK
Tue Feb 20 21:11:39 UTC 2018etected IAP SDK with version = 2.0.61.0

The only solution at the moment is for you to remove the IAP libraries that are included in your project. If it's added automatically by whichever framework / toolset you use, see if you can then manually remove them before building the project. I have submitted a feature request to the relevant team to allow for manual removal of that message based on other factors (such as no IAP entries present in the manifest, OR no IAP items defined in the Dev Portal account, etc). Thanks! "

Does anybody have any ideas on how and where I can find and remove the IAP libraries from the AppGameKit tier 1 ???

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 08:07:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 08:07:47