Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [STICKY] FPSC Development Kit

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2018 23:25 Edited at: 8th Oct 2023 13:04

What is FPSC Dev Kit?
FPSC Dev Kit is a Dark Basic Pro distribution specifically for compiling the FPS Creator source code and building executables which can be used to modify the game engine.
This distribution only uses products, source code and DLL's in the public domain or under public license.

FPSC Dev Kit v1.0 Features:
Uses latest Dark Basic Pro v7.7
Uses latest Synergy IDE editor
Fully supports FPSC v117, v118, v119, v120
Includes source code for supported versions
Includes official updates for supported versions
Includes Directx9.0c installer (required for FPSC)
Includes 4GB patcher for FPSC executables (large address aware)
Includes XBOX controller driver for joypad support
Optimised for smaller / faster executables

FPSC Dev Kit v1.1 Features:
FPSC Application Editor project (requires Visual Studio)
FPSC Unofficial v1.20.19 beta final project
Updated FPSC lightmapper dll

FPSC Dev Kit Requirements:
You will need the full version of FPS Creator software which can be downloaded here:
http://fstore.thegamecreators.com/FPSCreatorClassic/FPSCreatorClassic-00V1121132404bc0.exe
Use serial key 00V1121132404bc0 to activate FPS Creator.

To compile the main FPSC application project you will need to install Visual Studio Community 2015 with Update 3:
https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/older-downloads/

FPSC Dev Kit Instructions:
- Simply follow the installer instructions. Please note the package has been configured to work in the default installation path so I don't recommend changing this.
- When prompted please allow the new directory to be created in (C:\Program Files\The Game Creators) or (C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators) if using 64bit Windows.
- Once installed a desktop shortcut will be created. Open the IDE and browse to the project folder, select the version of FPSC you want to modify, make your changes and select compile (not compile and run).
- You will need to compile both the FPSC-Game and FPSC-Map Editor executables and replace with the official ones. The modified executables will appear in your project folder once compiled.
- After installing FPS Creator you need to update to the version you are modding e.g. if modding v117 you need to install the official v117 update for FPS Creator (see utilities folder)
- Instructions for the FPSC application project are included in the dev kit utilities folder.

FPSC Dev Kit v1.0 Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pCZY12__9IeCKWwnDAgVCm_b8JToQQDu/view?usp=sharing

FPSC Dev Kit v1.1 Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UDoPRhrixFAdjFR3YhF3CDM_1aQ5GYFf/view?usp=sharing

FPSC Dev Kit License:
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2018 23:32 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2018 23:43
Following the decision from TGC to make the source code for GameGuru available recently, I thought it was a good time to ensure FPSC can continue in the same fashion.

I had a lot of issues trying to get the Github package to work so decided it best to do this myself. I've fully tested FPSC Dev Kit v1.0 with the source code included for v117, v118, v119 and v120 so its a great place to start with something that works out of the box or to create that super mod you've been thinking about. It also opens up the doors for things like another community driven mod which others can contribute to and improve.

I hope this helps out anyone who was hoping to modify the source code but had similar issues or didn't know where to start.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2018 00:18
This is really cool of you to do. Maybe post this in the DBO boards for those guys to look at.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2018 06:44
Nice
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2018 12:07
Nomad Soul Thank you so much for putting this together
Will definitely give this a try.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2018 12:45
Aye! This will be very helpful for modding the engine! Thanks Nomad Soul!
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2018 14:52
Can we get a mod to sticky this thread. I would hate for this to get buried.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2018 16:11
Done
Windows 10, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked

uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2018 17:52
Really damn cool!
I'm shocked no one did this before.
If something compiles on the first try. Something is terribly wrong.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2018 03:49
Btw Nomad Soul, can you ask s4real for the source to BlackIceMod?
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2018 16:49
Thanks everyone. This is one of those things I had wanted myself but the stars aligned and found I was in the best position to make it!

@Mriganka - I've not spoken to s4real for a while now. He was really busy then went off the grid (well the FPSC grid anyway!).
To be honest Black Ice probably isn't the best place to start as it uses additional DLL's and commands which require a deeper knowledge of DBPro.
The FPSC development kit is designed to give everyone a starting point to modify FPSC out of the box with everything working.
You can extend this by adding plugins etc but I would only recommend doing so for advanced users or those familiar with plugins and how they work.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work on this nomad soul this should help a lot of people out.

@Mriganka - The source to black ice mod is pretty hard to set up plus there is code from other coders that we would have to get permission from before we could make this open source.

best s4real

Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2019 19:49 Edited at: 5th Mar 2020 00:16
I'm now releasing v1.1 of the FPSC Dev Kit.

After a lot of head scratching and using Visual Studio for the 1st time I eventually managed to get the FPSC application executable to compile. This means you can now build the main FPSC application, update the UI, replace the icons or even add more entity options and new features.

To compile the FPSC application project you will need to install Visual Studio Commuity 2015 which is free:
https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/older-downloads/

Also included source code for the final unofficial FPSC v1.20 beta s4real released.
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/208795

FPSC Dev Kit v1.1 Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/986vcr6g66zvf4f/FPSCDevKitv1.1.zip/file

The FPSC application project can be found in the utilities folder of the latest dev kit.

Have fun!
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2019 21:11
Nomad Soul Thank you for this terrific update
Grabbing it now, cant wait to see what I can do.
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2019 14:24
Great news nomad soul. thanks.

@ncmako
Could you add a full 3rd person character. with weapon pick up and drop? Add vulkan render engine. Super intelligent A.I Teraform landscapes. Other big technical words. I need it by wednesday because i told all of my friends that i could make a super cool game that i can sell on steam. I also need 50 original characters.

thanks in advance!
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2019 17:23
@ Seppgirty
Quote: "Could you add a full 3rd person character. with weapon pick up and drop? "

Working on it Almost done ... kinda
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2019 23:40
For awareness I've just updated FPSC Dev Kit v1.1 with an older version of the lightmapper.dll which produced better quality results.

Please download the latest package if your intending to use the kit anytime soon.
Kuryle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2019 12:14 Edited at: 13th May 2019 12:53
Wow, great thing

Quote: "FPSC Dev Kit is a Dark Basic Pro distribution specifically for compiling the FPS Creator source code and building executables which can be used to modify the game engine.
"

Hmm I'm not sure if I understand...So it is standalone "package" ? and it does not require a DBP compiler?

ok, I see that it works without having to have DBP separately

I'll try it on Visual Studio 2017
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2019 11:18
@Nomad Sould
Quote: "
FPS CREATOR GAME ENGINE Source Code
===================================
Used Under Public License:

1. You CANNOT make 'game creation' or 'level editor' software with this code
2. You CANNOT make a 'game engine' for the purpose of selling it as an engine
3. You CAN make a GAME with this source code for the purpose of selling it

These license terms are designed to protect the IP rights of TGC Ltd."

Does that imply also for the OpenSource FPSC Classic free models? I wanted to create a "level editor" that provides directly code for App Game Kit. Because on my machine, and I guess on others too, Game Guru does not run as well as the FPSC Classic. But the FPSC Classic has some problems with Windows 10 and 64 bit with some of its tools.

I would also like to have a game creation tool like FPSC Classic for the Raspberry Pi or Linux.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2019 23:14
@Kuryle - No problem. I've only tried compiling the FPSCreator.exe application using VS2015.

@Xaby - If you want to re-distribute any stock FPSC assets (WW2 / Scifi) i would check this with TGC first. Its pretty clear about not making level editor software so I would check on that too.

I think Preben uses AppGameKit to import Game Guru levels so probably worth checking out his stuff and what he does.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:14:51
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:14:51