Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / HTML Best Practices

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The documentation I have found about AppGameKit to HTML simply states that its better to use Chrome or Firefox and to bear in mind file size.

I wonder if anyone has any more general tips about producing 4 html?

Specifically I wondered about....

I was wondering what commands/functionality actually cause problems for the browsers?

And if anyone has experience getting their games to work well with mobile browsers

GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2018 17:19
Reposting this here. I mistakenly posted it in your other thread.
------------------------------------

There are definitely some important things to keep in mind. I've done a lot of web exports and basically audio format is important for both music and sounds. I can't remember which I ended up going with and am out to breakfast right now.

Also from what I found in my experiments some browsers (or at least versions) seem to limit the numher of simultaneously playing sounds to 16 or possibly it was even 8 in one case. It didn't stop new sounds from playing but previous sounds were cut off.

For frame rate independent timing you want to use milliseconds. The function I most often see people use and perhaps even in official examples does not work in html5. Always returns 0.

Like I said I am out eating so that is all off the top of my head but I can take a look later today.

My best suggestion is just do a ton of experiments. That is what I did and do.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 14:48:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 14:48:26