Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / issues with iPhone 5 vs iPhone 5S - Pointer Press

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2018 21:00
Hi,

My app, Starting 11 Stats (available on iTunes and Google Play now!), works great on my iPhone 5, but on my mates iPhone 5S any pressing of the buttons at the top or the bottom of the screen are difficult. It's like the 50ish pixels at the top and bottom are waiting on a slide to show your notifications etc, instead of just pressing the button on the app. It means the user needs to actually press the lower half of the button at the top of the screen to get it to work properly and is affecting usability. Is their a way to suppress notifications while using the app? Failing that I'm worried I'm going to have to rewrite the code and prevent any buttons from being in the top/bottom 50 pixels. Seems crazy as there are other apps that don't have this issue (Betfair app for example has buttons along the bottom of the app that work fine on an iphone 5S. I'm worried the issue is affecting iPhone 6 onwards too and therefore putting off users.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
John
El Presidente
kozma_11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2018 21:14
Sorry, found the issue! Can delete this thread! It's all to do with the timings of button presses and looking for swipes!

John
El Presidente
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2018 21:16 Edited at: 1st Mar 2018 21:22
I also discovered this last month and wrote about it including a pseudo-solution (at least to detect touch-up in those areas). It is relating to iOS 11 which puts even more priority on the control panel slide-out than the active app. The problem affects ALL iOS 11 devices.

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/221519

EDIT: According to this thread the issue should be fixed by next release.
kozma_11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2018 21:26 Edited at: 1st Mar 2018 21:26
Thanks xCept! I thought I had fixed it but yeah, just done some tests and your right, it's this iOS 11 issue. I'll take a look at your solution and see if I can get it fixed! Arrgghhh!! God damn you Apple! You're spoiling my apps!
El Presidente

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 08:50:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 08:50:53