Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Need help: creating tilemap

Author
User Offline
When i load tiles with an atlas (subimages) then i have to make a border with 1px around.
But thats horrible because i would create some new tiles and can not create some tiles at one time because i always have to seperate them and make that border.
I.e. i have 64x64 tiles, so i have to make 66x66 tiles and copy both together(the biger tile is resized)
It cost so much time for that.
Have anybody an idea to make this faster?

And a second question.Slopes on these tiles are so pixelated....only a filter over it?
I love pixelart almost in games.But the tiles should look smooth outside.

Thank to all who could help to save my weekend
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2018 00:53
What are you using, AppGameKit or DBP? You shouldn't have to add a border, I've never had to do that and don't have issues loading tiles into AGK.
c0d3r9
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2018 01:13 Edited at: 4th Mar 2018 01:15
AGK
help-> LoadSubImage: ...Note that when loading a sub image AppGameKit will modify the UV coordinates slightly so that the image does not steal pixels from neighboring images during filtering, by default it shifts the UV inwards by 0.5 pixels.
You can override this by setting SetSpriteUVBorder to 0 for sprites where you need pixel perfect results, but you will have to watch out for pixel bleeding around the edges, and may need to give your sub images a 1 pixel border of an appropriate color that it can safely steal from when filtering.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2018-06-24 07:50:48
Your offset time is: 2018-06-24 07:50:48