Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Can I ping with AGK?

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2018 08:47
Hello I am currently making an action that is getting an online play feature soon, but I would like clients to be able to ping each game host. The lobby server has a list of active game hosts and I would like clients to be able to ping each host. I don't think it would be a good idea to send a message then wait for reply and measure time on that as that would make the client unresponsive while ping'en all the hosts. Maybe this should be a feature request?
13/0
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2018 09:49
Quote: " I don't think it would be a good idea to send a message then wait for reply and measure time on that as that would make the client unresponsive while ping'en all the hosts."

That's exactly what I'd do. I'd sendRequestASync, which doesn't hang the app and time how long it tales to get a reply.
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2018 09:52 Edited at: 5th Mar 2018 09:58
Quote: "That's exactly what I'd do. I'd sendRequestASync, which doesn't hang the app and time how long it tales to get a reply."

Awesome, thank you Mobiius When the current tasks are done, I have something good to work with

EDIT: Whoops, while searching for your command I found GetNetworkClientPing(), but this if from hosts, not clients. It would be nice if clients could ping as well, but I will just make each client connect to all hosts and get ping.
13/0
0x7f
Years of Service
User Offline
You need root rights to send ICMP requests.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 13:06:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 13:06:37