Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / GetFirstFolder and GetNextFolder problem

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2018 14:43
I'm having trouble getting the folder names in sub folder of media. Works fine on Windows, and works when broadcasting (although the MUST be media in the sub folders for it to work otherwise it ignores the empty folders), and when exporting and installing an APK it's like the sub folders don't exist. Example project attached.

Is this a bug?
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2018 14:45
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2018 14:52

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2018 15:12
I can confirm that I get the same results as you.
I'm inclined to call it a bug because you would expect to get the folder names when you run it in APK. However, it may be by design. It's possible that AppGameKit flattens the folder structure internally whilst still keeping a pointer to it by folder path.
I don't know, I'm guessing. It's one that only Paul could answer for certain I think.

But like you, I would expect the APK version to still provide the folder names.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2018 15:24
Thanks for confirming. Can a MOD please change "problem" to "bug" in the subject please?
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2018 20:23 Edited at: 7th Mar 2018 20:29
you can export as apk and rename it into .zip, you can look into this apk setup, the folder are not in because they was empty. (i think it was deliberate)
if you just put a dummy.txt they are all there.
i would also expect the same folder struct as in my project template.
AGK (Steam) V2017.12.12 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : NVIDIA (390.65) GeForce GTX 1050 Ti : Mac mini OS High Sierra (10.13)
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2018 21:37
Thanks Markus. I was having problems even when there were files in the folders, but I've got a good work-around now. By zipping my entire themes folder, and placing the zip in the media folder, I can simply unzip the media on first run and then all my themes are in the correct folder structure in the write folder. Works great! (Thanks TheMadProf!)
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2018 23:10 Edited at: 7th Mar 2018 23:10
I don't think it's a bug is it? Android works on a sandbox basis does it Not, so that when we save files on a pc it goes to the media folder in my docs, android does similar. I know that if you try and load anything, it first checks the sandbox folder for the file, then the root - so in pc terms it will load the copy in my docs media before the main root of the app. So in that sense, scanning the folder also looks for the sand box folders first and scans them. I think on PC that's why the RAW commands were added, but I believe on android you cannot scan outside this unless the device is rooted, or has special permissions.

So i would day it probably is by design, it's just not a perfect design. The zip idea is clever though, but will double your storage as likewise you can't manually delete that zip from agk on android.....you could only delete a my docs saved copy of it, if that makes sense.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2018 02:49
Quote: " I was having problems even when there were files in the folders"

did you used a not supported file extension there ? (belongs android)

AGK (Steam) V2017.12.12 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : NVIDIA (390.65) GeForce GTX 1050 Ti : Mac mini OS High Sierra (10.13)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:38:37
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:38:37