Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / A few questions about loading video files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I noticed that AppGameKit has a number of really cool features to load videos and control their playback.
https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Video.htm

My question now is:
Is it possible to control the play back speed- increase and decrease it.
If not- is it possible to extend app game kit somehow to get it to do that? I need it for my interactive app

-Set frame dynamically on a paused video
- zoom in or out of video and be able to pan the video (If i need to stream the video to a picture- are there any examples of that?)
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 9th May 2018 12:25 Edited at: 9th May 2018 12:42
no AppGameKit has no commands to change the sound speeds but it has memblocks

the value in the above can be used to change the speeds 44100 might be the original setting
changing this can speed up or slow down the sound

you could use GetMemblockInt to get the original setting
I have had limited success with this and use it in the latest version of my driving game at
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/222159 the bottom video as for
doing the same in videos I haven't yet tried there is the SetVideoPosition( seconds )
which you could try and play skipping it along mathematically yourself but its not recommended
as the results would be different on different devices but there may be a similar method with videos
with memblocks but you would prob find AppGameKit crashing with too large a video and you would need
to know what byte stores the videos speed. Hopefully in an update they will release a playback speed
for sound and videos
fubar
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2018 01:23 Edited at: 10th May 2018 01:26
Video is tricky, I will highly recommend keeping it simple.

I am sure a few extra grey hairs have materialized from the void by me trying to get video playing the same on win10, android and ios. The good news is it works - eventually - the bad news is don't try to do anything special!

Keep it simple.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 17:29:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 17:29:43