Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Increase the function preview length?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2018 23:05
So this has bugged me for a long while, can I increase the function preview length of my own functions in the IDE? for example.

GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2018 00:13 Edited at: 12th Mar 2018 16:38
OH GEESH! You know I filled out their survey today and I never mentioned that. But yes this needs to be fixed. If we could just see the whole signature it would be awesome. As it is I have to end up going to the documentation to see what the remaining parameters are and the order of them.

For me it is more the functions in the api that I did not write. Be nice for mine too but at least I can do a Goto Definition instead of going into help file for the ones I write if needed.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
IronManhood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2018 09:14
Along with all the parameters, allow us to add our own tips/comments so there is a description along with the function.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2018 14:40
agree its cut for any reason. i never noticed this, maybe because i often used types.
that issue is something for @paul

AGK (Steam) V2017.12.12 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : NVIDIA (390.65) GeForce GTX 1050 Ti : Mac mini OS High Sierra (10.13)
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2018 21:24 Edited at: 13th Mar 2018 21:25
Technically we have access to the AppGameKit Geany source code:

https://github.com/TheGameCreators/AGKIDE

I did a quick review of it including the Auto Complete / CallTip classes but I'm unsure what is causing the cut-off. I agree it is annoying. Seems to happen with custom functions mostly, the ones defined in data/tags/main.agc.tags seem to work in full.

One concern is that AppGameKit is still using Geany 1.24.1 as its base, and that version is many years outdated by now (April 2014). There have been 10 full releases of Geany Core since then and 2,053 commits that fix hundreds of bugs and issues including many relating to autocomplete/calltips.
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2018 00:25 Edited at: 14th Mar 2018 00:26
@xCept well I give you credit for actually finding those classes. I just took a look out of curiosity and there are so many code files I said "yeah nevermind" and closed it out. lol
It would be a project in itself just to learn the codebase and having numerous large codebases in my head from my day job no drive to learn another right now.

It is cool though that they released the source so we can dig into it. Maybe next winter I will dig into it although I would think by that time someone will have this fixed.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 01:47:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 01:47:03