Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / packaging tool returned error code: 258 - HELP!

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2018 16:37 Edited at: 12th Mar 2018 17:02
OK, so i am trying to export an android apk for my latest project Purge Persist & Profit!

I have a few apps on google play made with agk, so i do have some experience.

But this error doesn't really tell me much...Anyone else encountered this? Any mods or devs know the answer? Is there an error code reference somewhere?

Thanks ,

Bob
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2018 19:57
Looking at windows errors, a 258 error is a timeout error. Maybe a drive unmounting?
IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2018 20:01
but this is the agk tool error, hopefully not my drives disappearing...

" packaging tool returned error code: 258"
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2018 20:21
I know but i have found in the past that quite often error codes are simply passed through. Thought it might help
IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2018 03:12
well it might have had a hint of truth to it: my files were stored in dropbox (i usually work there now), and when i moved them to desktop, the apk exported fine. so thanks!
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2018 09:51
I sometimes have issues compiling my apps as my AppGameKit folders are all in google drive. When you start compilation (or packaging) it creates a number of temporary files, which then start to get backed up. As the file is open in another application, they can't be deleted so the compilation/packaging fails.
I routinely have to disable GDrive when building apps for this reason. (If only it would wait 60 seconds after a file was created/edited before backing up.)
MillaSays
Years of Service
User Offline
May I suggest using a git based solution for syncing and backing up projects? For free you can use github.com if you don't mind projects being public or bitbucket.org if you need some privacy. Or set up a git server of your own on your LAN - a simple little Pi3b would do the job perfectly fine, assuming you've attached some kind of proper storage to it, not just any old SD card.

Biggest advantage of git is the version control. Code happily knowing that you can step back any changes big and small should you need to. Best thing since buttered toast!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 05:52:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 05:52:01