Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Can you publish AGK games to Steam now? Or have you always been able to?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2018 04:12
Good day fellas, hope everyone's doing great.

I'm going to be working on an all-in-one indie game dev course for a 3D First Person game and I wanted to use AppGameKit as a the engine. Now the game that I'm going to be making is also a game that I'd like to publish on steam as a final playable product. I see lots of tutorials which explain the concepts but never actually push the game to a final product. I've seen a few forum posts of users here, asking if Steam SDK is yet available in AppGameKit which spawns the concern whether I'm about to get int a development of a game which cannot be published to Steam. I'm working in Tier 2 and will be doing a tutorial on that as well. I'll be covering the entire process, from script and concept art, to music and sfw mixing, all the way to the final product publishing. So it's a pretty big commitment that I'd like to make sure I can push to the worlds biggest game distribution store.

Thanks everyone,
Eisenstadt Studio: Eisenstadtstudio.com
Composers Page: Milesthatch.net
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2018 05:07 Edited at: 15th Mar 2018 05:08
Yes you can publish Steam. I thyink it's been available for a while
There is a steam plugin that lets you access various steam APIs
Although you can probably access them directly with tier 2
Tobias_Ripper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2018 02:51
Ah, I see. Thanks fro the heads up, blink. I am indeed working in Tier 2. Are you aware of any resources on implementing the Source SDK in Tier 2?
My other game project is made in Game Maker and it has a menu option where you supply the path to the Source SDK and it handles the rest for you.
Eisenstadt Studio: Eisenstadtstudio.com
Composers Page: Milesthatch.net

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-11 04:29:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-11 04:29:07