Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Status bar at the top of the screen on Android

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2018 08:43
Is there a way to display the status bar at the top of the screen in an AppGameKit app on Android please? I assume that's what it's called. The bar that displays the time and network strength etc.

I currently use percentage positioning on my app and I think if the resolution/screen display is too small some people might have trouble pressing a button that's at the top of the screen because they're really pressing where the status bar would be. I may be wrong.

I haven't published to iOS yet but I noticed a similar thing on my iPod Touch when streaming to the AppGameKit player. I had to move the buttons down a bit before they would react to touches. The iPod Touch screen is small.

I'm guessing for iOS I'd change the settings when publishing to have it displayed (haven't looked yet) but for Android I can't see any setting or AppGameKit function that would display the status bar.

I could move things down and create a space where the status bar would be on the Android which would work but I'd rather just display the status bar
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2018 18:58 Edited at: 15th Mar 2018 19:19
at my phone the status bar only appear if me drag down my finger, im my agk app.
maybe turn off SetImmersiveMode
oh i just see that SetImmersiveMode 0 hides the top bar but the navigation bar stay open.
AGK (Steam) V2017.12.12 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : NVIDIA (390.65) GeForce GTX 1050 Ti : Mac mini OS High Sierra (10.13)
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2018 20:05
SetImmersiveMode(1) doesn't hide the status bar at the top. I don't have them but according to the help pages it hides on screen navigation buttons.

And unfortunately SetImmersiveMode(0) doesn't show the status bar at the top (not on my device anyway). I can also see it when I drag down but I want it shown at all times and have the app resize so that it starts below the status bar.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2018 20:17
Maybe you could fudge it. Display the bar yourself with the time etc
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2018 20:32 Edited at: 15th Mar 2018 20:34
Thanks for the suggestion but that might confuse users @blink0k. I may just have to go with offsetting everything from the top by 1 or 2%.

I have a large bar at the top of the screen (as seen in these screenshots: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/220652) so I'll just make the top bar a little larger and move the text and buttons on that bar down 1 or 2%.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2018 21:18
That's interesting. Can you even set the window size on android to be smaller than the screen?
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2018 21:33
Not sure what you mean but I don't want to change the window size. I use percentages to size and position everything so instead of positioning everything between 0 and 100% (like I currently do) I would need to position everything except the top bar between 2 and 100% say and leave the top bar in it's current position 0% but make it 2% bigger. I hope that's clearer.

I didn't want to do anything of this. I would have preferred to just show the status bar because then everything would have positioned correctly without me needing to re-position everything. Another reason why I didn't want to do this because that 2% spacing might look quite large on larger resolution displays.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:25:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:25:59