Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Beginner's Guide, where are the resources

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2018 09:11
I found only the PDF in Steam's DLC folder but where are the resources (example code etc.) located? Can't find them.

SeanPDev
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2018 12:01 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2018 10:59
I also had trouble finding the resources. I believe this is the link:

http://www.digital-skills.co.uk/downloads/agk2.zip

It tells us to go to this page in the beginners tutorial on page 5.
PHeMoX
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, mostly they are in the pdf itself when it comes to code. You can copy the code from the 'solutions' pages or blocks of code in the pdf text, although I would recommend going through the exercises / examples from the start for best learning.
The way the guide was intended to be used is going through it from start to finish and create the projects yourself. When you go to the install location of AppGameKit 2 (probably in your SteamApps folder) you will also find resources there I think. From the IDE you use for programming in AppGameKit 2, you can also open the DLC tab and select Resources from there. I think it should be available. Or maybe it is installed with the 'Educational Materials Pack' DLC through Steam.

I can't check for sure because I only own the Tutorial guide volume 1 and Tutorial guide volume 2. By the way, speaking of which... the Official Tier 1 tutorial guides volume 1 and volume 2 are more valuable than the Beginner's Guide Tier 1, which is basically the first couple of hundred pages of the volume 1 guide if I recall correctly.
Overlord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2018 14:40
Thanks a lot. The link given by @SeanPDev is correct, I was able to download them.

I started right off with chapter 3 and didn't see the mention on page 5 at first.

Thx for the tips @PHeMoX. It was not clear to me that the beginner's guide is part of the other book. If I knew I would have started right with the other book. Well I don't really feel bad about it; I think the money is well invested and I will support the author again with the other tomes.

edler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2018 06:41 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2018 10:59
agk volume1: http://www.digital-skills.co.uk/downloads/agk2.zip
agk volume2: http://www.digital-skills.co.uk/downloads/agk2_2.zip

some files are in another folder that indicate in tutorial. search with the "*file" in the searcher.
--
edler

AppGameKit forum in Spanish, yet!
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2018 06:52
In the editor select Tools/Install additional files. It will create a projects folder full of examples

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 13:56:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 13:56:47