Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Some simple questions regarding AppGamekit

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2018 21:43
Hi guys,

i have purchase the app game kit some time ago and i think i have finally found a purpose for it. However, i do hope you can awnser them for me so i can be sure its the right software for a project i am working on right now.

1) Can i make a easy to adjust database to the software? (adding new customers for example)
2) Can it showcase the current location of the person? (show a city map and point the person in real time where they are? like pokemon)
3) Would this be a problem for a cross platform mobile app?

Those are it for now
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 24th Mar 2018 22:37
This is a games development kit, so

1. Databases - not sure - i dont think so, unless you can do it in Tier 2 (which is C++) and have the database SQL/Access assemblies in C
2. I have seen snippets on getting google maps - be interesting
3. this is avaiilable on iOS/PC/MAC/Linux/Raspberry devices

Others may learn you more - its just quiet tonight with it been weekend
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2018 09:36
1: That is a backend job, so you'll need make a server API that your app interacts with to request, push and update data. Easily done over HTTP Rest calls.
2: Yes, though I've not experimented with neither AGKs position commands nor Google Maps API so I can't say how difficult or easy this would be.
3: No. AppGameKit is pretty painless with regards to cross-platform deployment. With a few exceptions, like how AppGameKit handles video on different platforms.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2018 19:38
It would be nice to see local sqlite database support
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
hoyoyo80
Years of Service
User Offline
Ask the same thing last time, i want to make db apps with agk2 but ermmm..if for productivity it is faster to use dedicated app/software.

For my database, i now use appsheet+google spreadsheet which is also crossplatform. It take me two days to setup and now it is use by my staff for field data collection...but..i think it still very possible in agk2.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:18:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:18:35