Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Platform problem (Model pack 3)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 25th Mar 2018 19:46
I have done this before and I didnt have the same problem then. When I put a Character to walk with waypoints on the platform, the speed slows down at the seem between the platforms.. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem?

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2018 10:38
Mr Love Is it a "raised" platform? Is it a custom made one, or a stock one from the scifi or ww2 pack?
I'm guessing here, I've had them get stuck at similar type edges, I solved it by raising the character slightly.
Just select your character and tap the "page up" key a couple times (just a little) and test run.
I've come to realize it's always best to raise a character slightly when using waypoints so problems
like this don't occur

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2018 21:42 Edited at: 26th Mar 2018 21:45
No, its a custom platform from Model Pack 3 (its free)..
Quote: " I solved it by raising the character slightly."

Well, that was the first thing I did. LOL!! Im not a noob!
Can You find some other solution? Lift up the Character from the ground was the first thing I did...
BTW, SciFi Characters doesnt have the same problem. I use the skeleton from TF341 (Better animations)
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2018 00:22
Mr Love I have that pack and I opened some of the platform segments .fps files and noticed some
of them have "colmode0 = 0" and some are "colmode0 = 1" ??? Check the ones you are using what
they are set to ( a 0 or a 1 ) Try & test run both kinds and see if one works better than the other
Also tell me which ones your using ( the color and if it's Open, T-Junction, Corner...ect ) and I'll test run also...
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2018 00:56
I will try this.. Will be back to report...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2018 02:24
Yippeeee!!! I fixed the problem. But it wasnt "colmode0 = 1".. No, I was so tired at it so I did one last try, to change to My own fantastic .fps file. So simple was that!? Now I have ALOT to do, changing all these .fps files to all the yellow platforms. It seem like they are 100 of them. Phew!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 01:08:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 01:08:06