Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / (DBPRO) My Simple 3D animated star system generator (that I'll use for a game real soon)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2018 07:08
This is my simple star system generator.

It is 3D, obviously, and it is easily operated with arrowkeys to cycle between planets and spacekey to generate another system.

It is really simple, but I'm really proud of it, since it is the fifth star system generator I make and it is the first that doesn't rely on any external media file. Yeah, it makes everything by itself, but it is pretty minimalist as you can see.

It's 333 lines long and it is part of something I am creating and that I'll share with this community as soon as it's done.

Any suggestions of enhancements - simple ones, please, I am trying to make this as simple as possible - will be welcome.

By the way, I need a name for the game. I used to call this project "Pixel Force", but I found out that it is already the name of an existing game - and since the third version it is 3D, so, no more pixels for me.

[size=+2]Forever and one[/size]
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2018 10:38
I have seen some of your codes and I have to say that you are a genius. I like the way you get all media by yourself . I love it !
I'm not a grumpy grandpa
Starshyne Emir
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2018 20:42 Edited at: 19th Apr 2018 19:32
Here is a little demo of the new ship making system and the weapon generator I shall use in this game.

It is an exe file compiled with DBPro. It doesn't perform any disk operations, so you may run it without fear.

[link]
https://www.4shared.com/file/iLcNezRsei/SOAP_DEMO_1.html
[/link]
[size=+2]Forever and one[/size]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 05:55:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 05:55:03