Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / spriter question

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2018 13:16
Years ago I wrote a DBP spriter importer. Thought I'd make one for AppGameKit too. But then I found code already in a project, which I'm not entirely sure is even mine. So I search the forums to see if I posted about doing this before and I've simply forgot and instead I find someone mention a spriter example included with agk. Ok, I check it out and awesome the demo works. But, it loads a SCON file. Here's my confusion, in the development I've done spriter has an SCML extension so I don't know what this other file type is. Is SCON something related to Spriter Pro? Is my version just way out of date? Or does the file need converted to this format somehow?

I'm actually a little bummed this already exists, as I wanted to have fun making my own importer
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Qugurun
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AppGameKit
Posted: 28th Mar 2018 17:18
How do you look at making imports for http://dragonbones.com/en/index.html ?
https://www.instagram.com/qugurun/
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2018 18:26 Edited at: 28th Mar 2018 18:50
I'm not familiar with it, but I can take a look.

I cannot find a single thing about their file format other than it's XML or JSON.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2018 19:54 Edited at: 28th Mar 2018 20:12
Spriter can save a scon file that can be imported to AppGameKit and works fine in every animation I have done. (.SCON is actually a JSON file) These work great and allow you to make some fantastic characters with fluid animations in your game. Not to mention explosions and animated clouds or clocks or even an an gry squirrel in my case

DragonBones exports a JSON file and will also export a Spline file which can be loaded directly into AGK. Ive tested a few files exported from Dragonbones and it ooads fine but animations can cause crashes. The model loads fine but animating it requires some manual work with the file.

So...sorry to be bearer of bad news but no importers are actually needed mr Phaelax unless you want to do a special one for Dragonbones? In that case its worth looking at their JSON format or the binary format. Both these Spriter and Spine can be used for skeletal animation in AGK. Its mainly Spriter I use and Spine. Dragon bones looks good and appears to be free!!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2018 21:21
I can see I'm not needed here! Guess I'll go back to working on my Tiled importer.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Legend of Zelda

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 14:56:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 14:56:34