Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / FSM with Tier 1 language

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could tell me an efficient way to implement FSM with Tier1 Basic language.

The way I have been doing it, is with tons of nested if-Statements and variables that ask whether a certain state is on already or not.

But this eventually becomes so messy and it is hardly maintainable anymore.
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2018 17:16 Edited at: 30th Mar 2018 17:17
FSM? If you mean his most revered noodleness the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I am pretty sure Pastafarians would object to him/she/it being simulated or emulated in software...
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2018 17:22
FSM - Finite state machine (probably?)

....its just simple programming really. Do only what you need to, when you need to do it.
ABCProgrammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I mean Finite State machine.

It might be simple programming, but that's actual my level xd
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2018 18:40 Edited at: 30th Mar 2018 18:58
Check out the code in the Making an "Old School" FPS Game in the Chat forum. Go to the last page and get latest source. I use FSMs about always in my game projects and that one uses them for the main game state management, enemies... everything basically.

I am working on a 2D shmup quickstart template project currently and will post that maybe tonight or tomorrow. It also uses FSMs and is a smaller project so might be better for learning.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-11 04:25:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-11 04:25:24