Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Game Localization - Best Method

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I’m planning to release my upcoming game in 2 languages. Which path you guys recommend me to follow?
1. Release 2 different games, each one in one language (and maybe lose ranking since everything will be split)
2. Create a language structure inside the same game (which I already did), and release only one game with language options. In this case, it’s possible to identify the user’s country? How about the game description in the PlayStore/Apple Store?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2018 06:56
I would make one game multi-lingual.
I see you already have a method, here's another in case it is any easier (or anyone else reads this thread)

https://www.thegamecreators.com/pages/newsletters/newsletter_issue_146.html#8

I don't think it is possible to detect language in Tier 1.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
MillaSays
Years of Service
User Offline
> I don't think it is possible to detect language in Tier 1.

Not directly AFAIK, but you could hit up some IP lookup API that returns location, like http://ipinfodb.com/api

Richard_6
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the suggestions.

How about the game description on the mobile stores? Does anybody know if there's way to publish different descriptions in the same game according to the user's language?
Richard_6
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually it is possible to detect the language using GetDeviceLanguage(). I tested yesterday and it seems to work pretty well. AppGameKit just scored again!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 09:32:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 09:32:12