Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / 3D physics : character : double jump

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2018 16:41
Hi

I'm looking for a way to get a double jump each time I double touch a button.

I have tried in creating a invisible box, but how can I know when a character is in collision with this box ?

if you have an idea how to create a double jump with a 3D physics character please tell me, thanks a lot.
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
basicFanatic
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know how to do the actual jump, but I think the logic should go like this:

Only thing missing is that when the player makes contact with the ground, it should do a playerJumpStatus=PLAYER_ON_SOLID_GROUND
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2018 18:27
Hi
I usethe charcter 3d physcis, the jump is made thanks to the character.
I do t know how to know if the player is on a ground/box/platform... or in contact with the box for the double jump.
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
basicFanatic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2018 21:45 Edited at: 13th Apr 2018 21:46
Okay, I didn't exactly get what your question was, so I guessed that you needed some basic logic, jumping-wise (PLAYER_ON_SOLID_GROUND or PLAYER_JUMPING or PLAYER_DOUBLE_JUMPING )

But maybe it is more like how to force that 3DPhysicsCharacter thingie to do a Jump3DPhysicsCharacterController() when in mid-air (and use that box you keep going on about to force him to jump) ???
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2018 06:11
Do you mean when the character is at the top of their arc, if you press the button it will jump again? In that case i would check the vertical velocity (or even it's velocity) and if it is really low then allow the jump.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 17:17:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 17:17:53