Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKit Mobile - Roadmap?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,
I'm currently thinking about buying a new iPad instead of a laptop, which I'd also like to use AppGameKit Mobile on. The current version, however, is still far from ideal (tested on an Android phone). The scrolling isn't very smooth, the UI doesn't look and feel professional and the custom keyboard is a little difficult to use. With this in mind, I wanted to ask whether those issues will be addressed in the future and
if there is some kind of roadmap and schedule for those releases.
Thanks in advance.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2018 19:32
would like to see a save/load to/from cloud option in the non-mobile AppGameKit version so we can swap between the 2 versions seamlessly (even better if we can get an option to save to cloud automatically on exit etc) - i know we can kinda do it manually but it's easy to forget and naturally if you're already out with your mobile version it's already too late.
unless it's already possible and i am just missing it?
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
nonom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2018 19:51
smallg wrote: "would like to see a save/load to/from cloud option in the non-mobile AppGameKit version so we can swap between the 2 versions seamlessly (even better if we can get an option to save to cloud automatically on exit etc) - i know we can kinda do it manually but it's easy to forget and naturally if you're already out with your mobile version it's already too late.
unless it's already possible and i am just missing it?"

Just an idea Sir smallg, what about storing Typed Json Objects in Firebase?, it's working for me in a realtime database, loading data atm, but planning to save. Seems cool to save any game / room status.

The free plan is enough for me at least its available for a bunch of concurrent users, much more than Unity is given https://firebase.google.com/pricing/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:24:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:24:07