Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Bug or feature ? Move3DPhysicsCharacterController in 2 directions ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2018 20:08
Hi

I use a 3D character physics, and Move3DPhysicsCharacterController() to move it (forward, backward, left, right) and mouse to rotate it, like in a lot of 3D shooter games (war robots, fortnite, gun of booms...).

But it seems its not possible to move the character in 2 directions at the same time ( ex: left & forward).

What I have tried, but it doesn't work , only 1 direction works.

It is possible to fixe that ? (Idont want to use rotatecharacter, because its absolutely not the same thing)
We should move our character in two directions at the same time, its an essential feature for a lot of 3d games

Thank you very much.

I use the excellent character controller in a lot of my 3d games, for example in my 3d shooter game, so i really need to move my character in the two directions :

AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2018 14:28
I think this looks so outstanding it deserves some answering.

AGK devs, please comment: Is this something that can be fixed or will be changed - short term, long term, no idea?

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2018 16:11
I'm not sure why it was limited in that way, I'll add a new version that takes an X and Z component for the direction.
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2018 16:17
Great ! Thank very very much !
Its a very important feature for a lot of 3d games.
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2018 16:57
That's very cool Paul. It's indeed a much welcomed feature.
Many thanks.
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2018 17:08 Edited at: 27th Apr 2018 19:25
@Paul
BTW, don't mean to harass or anything, but while at the topic of physics:

- Any chance of getting some form of vehicle physics?
(Don't need to be anything fancy, just very basic, simple will do.)

Would open up a whole range of game possibilities such as racing games( with more realistic behavour) and extends AGK's useability for games /sim coders.

I personally would be using this for a free roaming character, that can enter a car to reach a goal within a certain time limit in a subgame.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 06:52:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 06:52:08