Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Is it possible to export file, or screen contents, to a document/pdf/email?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm in the very early stages of playing with AGK. I've fiddled about enough with my ten years old C programming knowledge to know that this seems the be the best possible way to create the app I want to, BUT the only fly in the ointment is that I need to be able to produce a document as an end goal.

I fully appreciate I am using the AppGameKit for a purpose for which it was not intended, I am looking to create a simple risk assessment app instead of a game, but it is perfect in terms of the flexibility and cost that it gives me so I really want to make it work with AppGameKit if at all possible.

Having essentially filled out a number of forms and run through checklists etc, the user will have created a risk assessment. Whilst I can see how to store and recover that data (from the Official Beginners Guide), I am stuck at the point of moving that information out of the app and in to an office in a sensible way.

Ideally I would simply create a pdf of the screen contents, but this seems impossible. Am I missing something, or is it simply something I will not be able to do with this setup? I'm willing to consider work arounds and compromises! Anything that means I can stick with AppGameKit!

Thanks in advance.

Ben
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2018 23:22
you could GetImage() the screen and then save the image as a file.
not sure what you would need to do to the data to make an actual pdf file but there's also the option to save/read the data as a memblock which you could edit....
not sure you can do exactly what you're aiming for but definitely a few ways to do things like it.
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2018 12:40
It would be possible if you use Tier 2 I'm sure. Or you could create a plugin for creating PDF etc and access it via Tier 1.
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2018 22:51
Maybe the ShareText/Image/TextImage() command might do the trick. The user might need to be savvy enough to select the right app though. Note : this only works for mobile devices i think

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 11:32:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 11:32:49