Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / html 5 script error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2018 12:37 Edited at: 26th Apr 2018 12:42
ok, so after endless messing around trying to get an apk exported and running on an old samsung phone, my 3D demo created from the engines editor runs pretty good, but only after just including the models/images that are used in the final thing. the problem is though I went to export to html5, ran the thing and it says script error after loading..... I choose 3d/2D as commands used and have tried with or without ticking dynamic memory.
If i try double clicking or the player, it does come up with an error, though I dunno if it would anyhow!!
here is a screenshot:

Hail to the king, baby!
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
A lot of errors can occur if you try opening the HTML file directly from your computer. Instead you'll want to host them on a web server and then access them through the web URL. So you can install XAAMPP and then copy the HTML5 folder into the "htdocs" folder, then start the server and visit http://localhost/HTML5/rollertest.html and then it should run for you.
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2018 00:29 Edited at: 29th Apr 2018 00:43
Quote: "you can install XAAMPP"

Only would like to add, in case all you want is run the HTML file locally, the most simple solution is using FIrefox, it is just works most of the time, but in case you are using Chrome or Opera., you can also use this chrome extension to start a local HTTP server from any folder with a click of a button:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/web-server-for-chrome/ofhbbkphhbklhfoeikjpcbhemlocgigb?hl=en

Just open the extension, select the folder of the exported HTML5 game as the host, make sure the html is called index.html, click run, click open in browser and done. You can also use this to host the game on your local network and run it from any device inside any browser connected to the same network. I use it a lot.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
That looks like a very useful plugin (Chrome user here) thanks!
shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah yes, the chrome extension did the trick, thanks! for the future though I might just setup a server..again, back in the day I had both linux and windows servers running!
I found that the PHP and mysql stuff was soul destroyingly boring though!
Hail to the king, baby!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 11:51:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 11:51:03