Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Community Animation Commands (3D) Voice, Movement, Path ...

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2018 13:45
Hello my dear AGK-users,

I recently played "Life is strange", and since Dark Basic and a lot of Assets are Open Source ... FPS Creator Classic
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/FPS-Creator-Classic

I am trying to figure out, how it could be easy for us all, to animate or script some cut-scenes ...

I found that:
Path Editor
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/221096
[T1 & T2] Open Bezier Curve Library
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/210460

Maybe, we could or there is, something easy to use
http://www.lostmarble.com/papagayo/

Timings, Timer, Time-Lines ... to have a couple "new" commands, to script or load more complex animations or to create some.

for example: If Object-1 is in X, Y, Z .. Bounding-Box, play animation "Talk", Slide-Camera to XYZ and Play-Object-Animation-"Sitdown"-ForObject-Human

I know, there is a lot possible with the integrated commands. But to use words for animation, I would have to rewrite a lot, because they are not working the easy way with the Free 3D models from FPSC e.g.

i am thinking about a little editor, for positioning or scripting some dialoge scenes. ...

What are you thinking? Not needed? Did I overlooked something? Would it be to much like Unity than?

shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2018 18:13 Edited at: 26th Apr 2018 18:15
I have coded a 3D editor,what I have done is setup things on a group bases, so if I place an object with a group called deadzonegroup for instance, give it no physics, make it invisible on testing the level, I then check the raycasting against it,if it is the deadzonegroup then flash the message,play a story vid,make a sound..whatever really.
Here is a quick example I mocked up in a couple of mins:

The recording quality is pretty rubbish but you can just about see a message come up in read as I enter the zone
I could easily just call it storygroup or what not... and play a story,in fact I probably need to eventually .

Basically I would advise anybody to just code their own Level editor and add what the hell you want to, the commands are surely there to use!
Hail to the king, baby!
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2018 23:28 Edited at: 26th Apr 2018 23:43
Tweens are a good option for queuing up movement as you can set a delay before the tween activates, and you can chain tweens together to make complex paths. If we could also delay the start of the animations too then we'd be able to build a cut-scene editor. Shouldn't be too hard to delay the start of the animations. Let's build a function to do it...

(sorry - ignore the "Fruit Smoothie" bit at the start of the vid - that's just my desktop wallpaper)

... Okay - here's what I've come up with (project attached). You can now build cut-scenes
We can use the same technique to delay sounds to sync speech and effects. An editor would be really nice. I think I'll add that to my "to do" list.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2018 23:33 Edited at: 19th May 2018 23:36
If we could integrate these functions in some way in AppGameKit, we would drasticly save Keyframes -> filesize, but could create also more characters without the need of animation- and 3D creation programs.

What would be the best way, to implement that? Doing it realtime by moving the bones, or creating animation frames before the animation is played without bypassing the AppGameKit animation system?
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2018 15:34
I think using the built-in custom tween functionality to control individual bones would be an easy way to get started. I tried to explain something like this when Stab-In-The_dark introduced the rag-doll physics to AGK. I didn't want fully physics controlled ragdolls and I didn't want just pure key-frame animation, but a mix of the two. Active ragdolls is a very fitting name.
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2018 19:20
@CJB

are the built-in tween functions in AppGameKit nearly bug free? Last time I tried, I had some problems from the last frame to the first frame.
So we could test this idea with the standard soldier and maybe clear nearly all keyframes with fragMotion or something like that. And the *.x file could be only some kBytes instead of MBytes. That would be really great.
But I think, that also would mean, that we had to fizzle arround with "Speed". I am not an animator. So I don't know, how we could set the model up and also have no clue, how where to start, if we wanted to integrate this curve-thingly.

I know that from Spine. But a lot of the Esoteric Spine animations are broken when playing an AppGameKit

So what would be the parameters? -> Animation Keyframe 1, Keyframe 2, and a "Bézier curve" or something like that for the right key-frame-speed integration? Don't know, how to create new "keyframes" in the memory, if would needed.

So how would you start?

Maybe someone like blendman or puzzler2018 have also some ideas with manipulation in memory or how the animation in the model had to be manipulated in a modeling / animation program before using it in AGK.
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2018 08:43 Edited at: 25th May 2018 09:05
That what I was thinking, it has to be possible, with some recordings, to generate the rest. Like with Speech Recognition.

How can we implement that into AppGameKit or GameGuru?
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2018 23:25
The tween functions work great, and already have some curves built in (TweenBounce, TweenOverShoot, TweenSmooth1 etc.) Could use those, or if they don't fit the bill, could write your own tween functions. I've never tried using them to animate bones, but I don't think it should be too difficult.
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2018 11:58 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2018 12:00

Source code (not AppGameKit Tier 1 Basic yet )
https://github.com/sebastianstarke/AI4Animation
Green7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2018 13:39
fascinating!
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2018 14:59
I am still working on converting some FPS Creator Classic meshes. And trying to setup a figure with skeletons to create a base.
But maybe in the end we could work together and build something like that

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:22:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:22:43