Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Editor crashes at breakpoint in debug mode

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am attempting to debug an application. It is spread across many functions, most of which use the same variable names to perform similar functions (like i,j,k, etc).
Therefore I have a list of variables in my Variables list that I Want to watch while debugging.

There comes a point where if I set a breakpoint in one of the functions, the application crashes when it hits the breakpoint (windows.exe has stopped working).

If I move the breakpoint by one line, this can sometimes help, but usually I have to remove Variables from the watch list that are present in that function. At some point it starts working again.

It's quite frustrating, because the Variables list does not allow me to see the .length of arrays, or look inside types, so debugging type arrays requires a lot of variables to see all the members of the relevant entries... Having to clear them down and re-enter them all the time is a pain.

A note from several years ago says this bug should be resolved, but it remains. I have attached a screenshot of it crashing and an example function which it crashes on. Note the three variables at the top of the function.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2018 23:35
Can you send me the project, or a small example that replicates the problem?
DarkBlueMonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
It has happened to me on quite a few projects, so I don't think it's project specific. However, I'll try to get it to happen regularly. and will email you a ZIP of the project (don't judge me, I'm just starting out! and the steps to make it go boom.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2018 16:04
Thanks. No problem, my only concern is the bug

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 12:35:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 12:35:08