Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Question about PREVENTPLRSELECTINGGUN command

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2018 19:44 Edited at: 1st May 2018 20:09
Is this command supposed to stop the player from being able to cycle through his weapons. I tried using it in a script, and I am still able to cycle through my weapons. This is the script I'm having trouble with.

I dont want the player to be able to switch weapons from the one given in the script, until the timer runs out.

EDIT: Ok it disables scrolling through ur weapons with mouse scroll, but doesnt prevent hitting a number key to swap. Is there a command that would do that.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2018 00:41
Shakleford Nice to see you again As far as I know there is no command to " disable" the number keys
Maybe what you could do is to "reset" all the weapon just before giving the player the cinematichands ???
"resetplrweapons" This removes all the player’s weapons. Would that work for you

That script also is an older one, I would change any "timer" to "etimer" as it's more reliable.

best,
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Shakleford
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2018 02:19
Hey ncmako. Taking the weapon away, and adding it again would work if there was only one gun that the player could have in his inventory.
I already thought about taking the weapon away, and adding it back at the end of the script, but then the player would only what access to whatever weapons i would put in the script.
That's why I was hoping there was a way to disable the player from swapping with the number keys.
Even before i saw ur reply, I was going though the script syntax list, and realized I needed etimers in order to have more scripts using a timer, lol. It's been years since i used FPSC, and just started getting back into it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-19 10:41:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-19 10:41:08