Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKit Version 2018.05.02

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2018 14:15
I've uploaded a new version to Steam and the TGC downloads area with the following changes

Mostly bug fixes in this version, but Spriter imports now gain the ability to animate image position, rotation, scale, and ZOrder in addition to bone animation.

Let me know if you have any problems.
XANAX 2B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2018 15:14
Hello Paul,

Thanks for this new version.

I don't know for other languages, but within French, i can't export to HTML5. I get an error message. It seems that AgkIDE says that there is something wrong with the ListGadget containing "2D only|2D & 3D".
If i delete the French Locales folder, i'm back to English and it works again.
Don't let the world decrease your conatus
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2018 16:01 Edited at: 2nd May 2018 16:11
I have not yet updated but I don't see it in the changelog, so here goes (it might be a bug about 40 cm in front of the screen though), I have a small app running as a game host connecting to a lobby server with a socket, and when I close the app the lobby will try to send data which fails and then it can detect that it is no longer connected, unless this app was run on a Raspberry Pi 2 with Raspbian Stretch. I have now closed the app, turned off the Pi, removed the power cable but the lobby does not fail to send data to it yet on the socket connection (don't know if this is also the case with the regular multiplayer commands).

EDIT: It does fail after a good while (which makes the lobby server able to detect connection as lost), but it takes far too long, it still appears in the list of active game hosts for a good while as the lobby server doesn't know it has disconnected.
13/0
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2018 16:36 Edited at: 2nd May 2018 16:47
Quote: "I get an error message. It seems that AgkIDE says that there is something wrong with the ListGadget containing "2D only|2D & 3D""

Thanks, I've fixed the Steam version. I'll upload some new files for the TGC site with the same filename.

Edit: The new files are now on the TGC site, if you downloaded before this message and want to use the new languages then please re-download the new build.

Quote: "It does fail after a good while (which makes the lobby server able to detect connection as lost), but it takes far too long"

When a client disappears without warning then the TCP protocol uses an exponential back off algorithm to attempt to re-establish the connection, which can take several minutes before it gives up. There may be a way to force this to timeout faster but I'll need to investigate it.
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2018 17:52 Edited at: 13th May 2018 20:35
Quote: "When a client disappears without warning then the TCP protocol uses an exponential back off algorithm to attempt to re-establish the connection, which can take several minutes before it gives up. There may be a way to force this to timeout faster but I'll need to investigate it."

That would be great, just to clarify (because I know I sound a bit unclear at times): I have a lobby server app, this app is Tier2, running on an Ubuntu server. When I run the game host standalone app (this app is Tier1) on a Windows machine, the lobby server quickly detects a disconnection, but when the game host standalone app is run on a Raspberry Pi 2, the same disconnect takes a good while longer to be detected. The lobby server says "Failed to flush socket data: 32" (sometimes something else than 32, don't know what that number indicates, I am guessing bytes or an error code) when it successfully fails (sounds like a contradiction, I know) to send data.

EDIT: Successfully fail to send data means the app can then detect the disconnection. So, in this case, it is a good thing when "Failed to flush socket data: 32" appears.
13/0
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2018 21:35
Thanks for the update!
Regards Sph!nx
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot for the update! much appreciated!
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2018 07:21
Thank you a lot for this new version !
And thank you for Move3DPhysicsCharacterController() andthe bugfixes and the other great additions.
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
EdzUp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2018 09:47
excellent will update asap
-EdzUp
Riusz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for this update !!!
Could someone give an exemple on how to animate image position, rotation, scale, and ZOrder in addition to bone animation ?
Which command do you use ?
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2018 11:22 Edited at: 3rd May 2018 11:23
See the skeleton commands here: https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Skeleton.htm

They are easy enough to use:

Position: SetSkeleton2DPosition( iSkeleton, x, y )
Rotation: SetSkeleton2DRotation( iSkeleton, r )
Scale: Is set when you load the spriter/spine file LoadSkeleton2DFromSpriterFile( iSkeleton, filename, SCALE, atlasImage )
ZOrder: SetSkeleton2DDepth( iSkeleton, depth )

Play Character Animations: PlaySkeleton2DAnimation()

Its just like using sprites but they are skeleton animated. Thanks for the update!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2018 11:31
Looking forward to trying out the new Spriter compatibility. And such a fast update since the last one

Quote: "Could someone give an exemple on how to animate image position, rotation, scale, and ZOrder in addition to bone animation ?"

These are supporting functions of an animation created in Spriter.
Previously, any of the above features would cause AppGameKit to crash. Now, you can animate and export these features from Spriter, and they will work in AGK.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Riusz
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok thank you for the explanations !
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2018 13:23 Edited at: 3rd May 2018 13:24
Heyhey many thanks for the fixes. That Move3DPhysicsCharacterController x,z thingy will really be useful.
(still hoping for some simple vehicle physics)
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2018 15:58
thanks for the update
bug - ResumeMusicOGG(id) doesn't loop if the music was loaded with loop set to 1
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
Doveyy04
Years of Service
User Offline
Since this update we now have the old program of spritehit not working at the very top or bottom level of the screen !!! This was an issue before Christmas and took 3 months to fix but now it’s reverted back. My app uses spritehit at the top so again I can’t use this, why has the problem been allowed to return?
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2018 00:50
Does RequestPermission() only work in an installed APK file? Is it meant to also work in the AppGameKit player? In the AppGameKit player it says "Could not find permission" when calling RequestPermission("Camera")
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2018 22:38
Have finally tested this on an installed Android app and this doesn't work: RequestPermission("Camera")

It says "Could not find permission"

If I'm doing it wrong i.e. I should be writing something else instead of Camera then can you please let me know and update the documentation. I'll remove the code from the app for now.
coder51223
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi
I still get the same error when I run the app. The app doesn't start. It seems to change to horizontal screen, and I get the same error, just like in the last version.
7.0(NRD90M)

Any ideas?
Thanks
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2018 11:11 Edited at: 6th May 2018 11:34
This isn't particularly a bug with this version as it's probably been about for a while, but when you use SetImmersiveMode(1) everything in the app shifts down so anything positioned at y=0 goes down so many pixels (however big the android bar at the bottom was). All it does is hides the bar at the bottom and creates a large gap at the top of the screen (so not quite immersive)

I should mention that I've only seen this happen on things that are positioned with GetViewOffsetY so that they're always stuck to the top when the view offset changes with scrolling etc. It's those items that move down when SetImmersiveMode is on. I've not checked it on an item positioned at 0 that doesn't include GetViewOffsetY(). I hope that makes sense.
MillaSays
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2018 13:19 Edited at: 8th May 2018 13:20
Since previous version (180412) when exporting with ad-hoc profile to iOS device, on the iOS device the intended app-icon do not show, but is replaced by the AGK-Player icon. Using distribution profile to upload to Apple store it would seem the intended icon is along for the ride. At least it do show on iTunes Connect.
coder51223
Years of Service
User Offline
SetScissor( 0,0,0,0 ) // use the maximum available screen space, no black borders

could this cause the error?
kozma_11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2018 21:54
Paul,

I'm still having the same issue as the last version where my app icons are not working when trying to create an iOS ipa. I've attached screens in my post in the iOS chat section. I've tried loads of different paint programmes and online ones to create a 32-bit RGB icon and none of them work, so when I upload my app using Application Loader, I always get the warning that no 1024x1024 icon was found and as such it seems to default to the AppGameKit logo. This seems to be what MillaSays is refering to as well. I'm using the same distirbution profile I've had since last year. Can you provide (or anyone else for that matter!) me with an icon that you know works and I'll try it with my app - at least that way I can be sure it isn't the icon that is the issue?

Thanks,
John

El Presidente
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2018 06:41
@kozma - your issue is missing the App Store Icon. Which is not included in the AppGameKit produced IPA. But that is not a problem - that is just the icon for display in the App Store, and you can add that manually on the iTunes Connect page for your app. Actually required, or else you'll not be able to submit review.

The App Store Icon need be a 1024x1024 24bit PNG - as opposed to the iOS App Icon, which need be 1024x1024 32bit PNG. The iOS app icon is included with the IPA, and will display when you upload the app to iTunes.
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2018 23:02 Edited at: 14th May 2018 13:08
Trying to use last AppGameKit build and got an access violation after using 2DSkeleton

CodeMonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2018 17:20
Is RecordSound still going to be implemented?
www.skywaygame.com
www.facebook.com/skywaythegame

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:14:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:14:43