Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / How to add DX Audio .dll to avoid installing the DirectX End-User Runtime?

Author
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2018 17:12
How to add DX Audio .dll and what .dll it should be to avoid installing the DirectX End-User Runtime?

This is a very important question for me cause many publishers require:

"Other Files / Software Required: Your game must not install or require any additional software or data files, other than the game itself. For example:
DirectX 10
Microsoft C++ Redistributable
Additional DLLs"

It could be mean that I've spent so many years on AppGameKit wasted.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2018 17:28
Windows 8 and 10 do not require the DirectX End-User Runtime, only Windows 7 and below require it. I don't know of a way around it as those versions require XAudio2.7 to be installed on the system in some way.
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2018 18:12
Thank you for the answer, Paul.
When I used GDK, it was needed DX too, I just added d3dx9_35.dll and it was run without any problem.
But now I'm trying to add "Jun2010_XAudio_x86.cab" or "Jun2010_XAudio_x64.cab" content to .exe but it doesn't work ...
Don't know what to do ...
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I have not done any desktop work with AppGameKit recently, but a couple years ago I created a NSIS installer script that added the minimum required DirectX audio component to resolve this (it adds about 2 MB to the installer). You will need to update the path to where your DirectX setup files are located to bundle into the installer. You can't bundle anything directly into the AppGameKit EXE but need to create a full installer for dependencies.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:20:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:20:46