Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Deactivating AR BUG! (kind of)

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2018 21:47
When you call ARDestroy() or when you exit an AppGameKit AR application, you are presented with a black screen and a message: "Deactivating AR" for several seconds before your app or game resumes (or before it exits). This looks really unprofessional and I'd rather be able to display my own graphic, or message while the AR system stops (a "Game Over" screen for example). Is there any way to disable the default "Deactivating AR" message?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2018 16:34
It was done because ARCore takes several seconds to clean up all its resources, so to prevent the appearance that the app had crashed the message you see is displayed. It's possible the message could be made optional, but I'm told that the fact it takes several seconds is a bug that will be fixed, so it may not be necessary in future.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2018 18:47
I understand the reason behind it, but if, for example, you are disabling the AR system at the end of a game, then having the option to display your own Game Over screen would be infinitely preferable over the "Deactivating AR" screen. Let's hope they fix it soon (and add vertical plane detection).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:02:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:02:09