Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Simple multiplayer rpg top down

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there! I’m new to the community but I’m very excited to dr started. I Amanda. 4th year computer science student and I’m looking to make a game that is similar to slither.io in terms of how you load into the game and how the game plays. With the difference of using my own custom sprites and having knights that can swing and sheild. No saving, just load in and start battleing in a map with option to have power up pick ups. I need some help with a fiew topics!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you.

-How to get the multiplayer to host on a server that I rent and have players connect and all join in to the main host(on the server)
-How to get each character to be able to run across the map (similar to a side scroller) but in each direction. So it’s zoomed in on the character? IE- How can I set up the map to be large and yet the player can run through map?
-Any other sudjestions such as how to go about sending information of two players swinging at each other can be super helpful as well! (having a health bar)

Thanks again,

Ross
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 9th May 2018 00:50
Welcome to the wonderful world of AppGameKit Rossy
2D Mutidirection scrolling with wrapping example

That's an older version of some code I made to make an endless map that should help if I find the
latest in my library of code I will post that.

I haven't tried the server side code in AppGameKit yet so cant help you there but there are several examples on the forum I will see what I can find.

There is much to learn how the AppGameKit commands work so I have Some useful 2D and 3D examples
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/222027
fubar
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 9th May 2018 01:04 Edited at: 9th May 2018 01:43
Newsletter issue 147 has an introduction to server side code
https://www.thegamecreators.com/pages/newsletters/newsletter_issue_147.html
It has working code you can download and test

This thread may or may not help but uses the combination of my tile editor and path editor
to make a seamless map of tiles I use for a top down shooter https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/221603
It also has links to where my path editor and tile editor sources can be downloaded
fubar
Rossy
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a great start! Thank you very much, will keep you updated on how things are progressing!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:33:39
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:33:39