Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Saitek X52 Pro controller not detected in Tier 1 AGK game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2018 09:02
Hi all,

I've had some feedback from a friend who is testing my game for me (a 3D space combat game). He is using a Saitek X52 Pro hotas controller, which the game doesn't seem to be able to detect. The controller works in other games, and is detected fine by Windows. His other controllers and head tracker are working with my game, so the problem is specific to the X52. Does anyone know if there is an issue with AppGameKit being able to read this particular controller? Are there any problems with AppGameKit and hotas controllers in general?
Globbits
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2018 16:19
I think this article explains the problem and possible solution:

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-use-old-directinput-controllers-in-new-xinput-games/

I'll report back if the solution was successful.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2018 16:36
AGK attempts to detect both DirectInput and XInput controllers and present them through the same joystick commands. It's possible something is non-standard about that controller, for example AppGameKit only looks for DI8DEVTYPE_JOYSTICK and DI8DEVTYPE_GAMEPAD devices. It's also possible there is an error message that is not immediately visible. If you run the app in debug mode from the IDE then the Debug Log window will list all the warnings and errors that are occurring if SetErrorMode is set to 1 or 2.
Globbits
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2018 16:56
Thanks for the reply Paul. I'd love to be able to debug it, but I don't have the controller myself. It belongs to a friend who lives in a different country, so no way of me getting hold of it either!

I'll post on here again if we find a solution.

Cheers,
Glob
Globbits
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2018 17:11 Edited at: 15th May 2018 17:12
Looking at the list of DI8DEVTYPE's I would think that the Saitek X52 Pro would be DI8DEVTYPE_FLIGHT as it's a flight stick and throttle controller (or HOTAS).
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2018 16:45
Thanks, I've added the Flight, Driving, and 1stPerson types to the recognised list of joysticks, hopefully that will fix it, unfortunately I don't have any of those types to test. I've attached an updated version of the Windows player if you want to give it a test

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Globbits
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2018 17:38
Thanks very much Paul. I'll ask him to test it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:14:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:14:35